Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What size rib roast could I fit on a small BGE....

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I think the grate is 13". I should've listened to you guys and bought a medium or large, even though the small works fine most of the time.[p]Any suggestions for recipies or just salt-n-peppa[p]TIA,
Richard P.

Comments

• Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Richard P.,
    Not sure on the size of rib roast you should use. I just season with salt n pepper, sear all sides and cook her until tender.
    Don't worry about buying the small. You can one day buy the large and solve your dilema. My first egg was my landlady's small. I moved and bought a large. At times, I miss the small and will buy one soon...

Apollo Beach, FL
  • RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Richard P.,
    I would not trade in my small BGE. You can fit a surprising amount in the Small. The trick is to keep the Dome Thermometer from touching the meat. If you can close the dome with the Rib Roast in, then you can cook it. Another important aspect is to allow for enough air movement from the fire chamber around all sides of the roast.
    It will also make a difference if you are cooking direct or indirect.[p]When money allows, buy a large to go with the Small.[p]Hope this Helps,
    RhumAndJerk[p]