Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled pork enchiladas recipe?

davidm
davidm Posts: 64
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi, all:[p]I was looking for a recipe someone had mentioned here for pulled-pork enchiladas, which I hope to make tonight with the remainder of Last Weekend's Triumph. I can't find it in the recipe section, and haven't had any luck in the archive.[p]Could someone please steer me in the right direction?[p]Many thanks,[p]David

Comments

• davidm, look at Gfw's - it is goooood! And fix his version of Spanish rice too!
    http://yyyz.net/bge/Picture33.asp

• nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    davidm,
    Try this link:

• nikkig
    davidm,
    Try this link:

[ul][li]Pulled Pork Enchaladas[/ul]
  • davidm
    Thanks, kat and nikkig! Just what I was looking for!![p]Cheers,[p]David

• i found a 5 star rated recipe (don't remember the woman's name or i would have given it):[p]Red Enchilada Sauce[p]1 tablespoon olive oil
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 teaspoon minced onion
    1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
    2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
    1/2 teaspoon dried basil
    1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
    1 teaspoon dried parsley
    1/4 cup salsa
    1 (6 ounce) can tomato sauce
    1 1/2 cups water [p]Directions [p]1 Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
    Add the garlic and saute for 1 to 2 minutes.
    Add the onion, oregano, chili powder, basil, ground black pepper,
    salt, cumin, parsley, salsa and tomato sauce.
    2 Mix together and then stir in the water.
    Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer
    for 15 to 20 minutes. [p]

• nikkig
    davidm,
    You're very welcome! Be sure to let us know how they turn out. We thought about making them also whenever we do pulled pork. They sure do sound yummy.

• nikkig,[p]Thanks for the link.[p]For some reason, many of the recipes I have found on the net have symbols in place of measurments. I use a Mac, but don't now if this is the root of the problem. I think it usually affects fractions. This, of course, makes the recipe unusable unless I guess at the amount indicated.[p]In the pork enchilada recipe, the butter/margarine amount is displayed as "?" I've wondered if this could just mean use as much as desired or if it is a true amount that comes out wrong. In the cooking directions, it says "stir in *'s of the can of enchilada sauce...".[p]Can you translate the "?" and "*" for me?
    If you or anyone else can solve the mystery of these code like recipes, I would be grateful to know why it happens.[p]Ellen

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Ellen aka Gormay, 1/2 cup of butter; 3/4 can of enchilada sauce. Both are special characters so I can see how the Mac may not reaqd them.

• This is the one I use, and haved loved it every time
    --lwp--

• davidm
    kat,[p]What a great recipe! Took me a little while to get the hang of softening the tortilla and then not overfilling it (my constant tendency), but it was just wonderful! Thanks so much for the link.[p]Cheers,[p]David

• davidm,
    Thank Gordon not me...he's the pit master!