Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Austin Eggfest and NBBQ Conference (update)

Options
Jeeves
Jeeves Posts: 461
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Austin Texas Update:

YES, there will be an EGGfest - BBQOutfitters says that once the plans are finalized there will be a link posted on BGE's site.

Steve Kennedy is in town attending the NBQ Annual Conference and Expo, which is open to the public on Saturday.
http://www.nbbqa.org/
logo_brown.jpg

He has an 'EGG-full' of DigiQ IIs that he will be selling, along with some catering systems that you 'circuit/catering' guys may be interested in.

For more info, feel free to contact Steve directly (steve@ecommacademy.com).

For those around Austin, I plan on being there this Saturday.

-Mike / Jeeves

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    You must be a busy man. Hope to see you posting on a more frequent basis. See you at the Texas Eggfest.

Spring "Temporarily Sprung" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Mike,

I misunderstood Steve's last email--I thought that the convention was going to be held last night. Apparently, only for the members. Since you mentioned that the public is invited on Saturday, I may be out there for a short bit. I'll give you a ring on Friday when I know...

Thanks!
  • Jeeves
    Jeeves Posts: 461
    Options
    Eh, yeah, me too....

This new forum, catch 22, have to login, etc - requires more steps to post - good and bad....

The last two things that I cooked was Ribs on January 7th and a Turkey for T-Day... I have so much cooked meat that I'm trying to consume as it is. I've even brought some into work for others and given some to my family.

As you can understand, it can be hard cooking for one...

Yes, been busy with work and community stuff - trying to get back into the swing of things.... sorry for being absent..

-Jeeves ;)
  • Bevo
    Bevo Posts: 179
    Options
    Jeeves / Mike:

It's good to hear from you. I was hoping the NBBQA convention was going to be at the convention center because my office is within walking distance. I'm not sure if I'll make it up to the Crown Plaza on Saturday. Glad to hear about the Austin Eggfest. Will definitely see you there and I sure hope our friend from Spring can make the trip.

Bevo (Colin)