Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Do I get to learn the secret handshake now?

Options
mojopin
mojopin Posts: 200
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've always laughed hearing about all the cell phones that wives and eggers drop in toilets... always thought to myself... That would NEVER happen to me!!

Well guess what???? I'm no longer one of those people that thinks dropping your cell phone in the toilet is funny.

IT's NOT... don't laugh anyone!

I grabbed it out as soon I as noticed it. Thankfully there was only water in the bowl! The phone was still floating, in it's pleather case... but definitely water logged and making a loud buzzing noise. I took the hair dryer to it and left it off overnight. Seems kind of ok this morning. The screen still looks like there is water in it though.

Live and learn... from now on I will put the seat down... haha... more work for my boyfriend to lift up the seat.

Other than that I had a great valentine's day!

-Jill

Comments

• Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Sure. After you wash them! 8 - )
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Take the back off your phone and open it up like you do when you first install the battery and card.
    There's a white circle thingy in there that changes color if it gets wet. If it is still white, then maybe you didn't get it wet enough to kill it or void your warrantee (if it's new).
  • First rescuing a cell phone from the toilet has nothing to do with Egging skills. So if anything you might get a drink of grape kool ade but as far as the handshake? You can't even get in line. Hehehehe
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Nope, you don't learn the secret handshake until you drop two phones into toilets in 8 days or less. And one of them has to be a porta potty.
    The Naked Whiz
  • mojopin
    mojopin Posts: 200
    Options
    If one is a porta potty, I'm sorry, but I'm not fishing the phone out! I am totally walking away and buying a new one.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,766
    Options
    i bought a camp and next to the hopper is a corded phone with a short cord, maybe an option? first time ive ever seen a phone in the bathroom, i never turned the service on up there, but the phone is still mounted on the wall.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • As I understand TNW is the ONLY Egger that has the distinction on knowing the handshake for having phones he paid for dropped in a loo.

And it will remain that way. The Cult body has spoken.
  • Smokinmo
    Options
    The dude who sold the cell phones to our company told me that the best thing to do when that happens is to quickly put the phone in the freezer. It apparently keep the water from getting to the critical areas. My wife did exactly what you did, and we put it in the freezer overnight to moderate success.
  • Dimple's Mom
    Options
    I heard there really wasn't a secret handshake. That's cuz who would want to shake hands with someone who's hand has been in a .......

I think there's a secret flush, tho.

Gwen, who hopes to never be eligible
  • Luvs to shoot clay
    Options
    I sent you a long note on my non-successes and how I learned last time (since it was my phone this time and the company wasn't paying for it) that you can actually buy one of the pay as you go phones from Wal-Mart (from the same cell provider ex.Verizon) and take it out of the package and back to the phone store and they will put your number in it. Saves a bunch of money if you aren't interested in renewing your contract.