Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked Sirloin Question

Options
mojopin
mojopin Posts: 200
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I want to make a smoked sirloin similar to that at Texas Land and Cattle. From what I understand is that they use a large piece of beef that the sirloin is cut from? What cut is that? Then it's peppercrusted and smoked.

Anyone have any info or experience making something like this or just similar? It doesn't have to even be a sirloin, I'm mainly looking for that smokey flavor. Can I cold smoke some thick NY Strips or something?

Thanks!

Jill

Comments

• Just go to Sams or your favorite butcher......they have whole sirloin roasts....most likely in cry-o-vac.....Set your BGE up for indirect.......with heavy chunks of wood.....I prefer oak...but that's just my preference....And cook / smoke that rascal at 300 - 350 degrees dome.....For medium rare you're looking for 135 -140 middle internal temp....Pull off...let rest for about 20 minutes and you're eating pretty good.....

Before putting the meat on....cover with EVOO....then your favorite dry rub....for your crust.....This is an easy one.....
  • Just go to Sams or your favorite butcher......they have whole sirloin roasts....most likely in cry-o-vac.....Set your BGE up for indirect.......with heavy chunks of wood.....I prefer oak...but that's just my preference....And cook / smoke that rascal at 300 - 350 degrees dome.....For medium rare you're looking for 135 -140 middle internal temp....Pull off...let rest for about 20 minutes and you're eating pretty good.....

Before putting the meat on....cover with EVOO....then your favorite dry rub....for your crust.....This is an easy one.....
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Here's a 3" Prime Top Sirloin seasoned with QBabe's coffe rub seared and then finished like Prime Rib. Good Stuff. That's Mesquite lump, BTW. Could you tell?

Mike

IMG_2145.jpg

IMG_2146.jpg

IMG_2037.jpg
  • mojopin
    mojopin Posts: 200
    Options
    Thanks guys! I can't wait to try it out this weekend!

-Jill