Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

hauling BGE to contest ?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone have any tips for hauling BGE to a contest? Do I need to disassemble?

Comments

• Nate,
    here's a medium in the front seat and a large in the back of my tahoe in a transporter[p]vinnysprimerib-053.jpg[p]vinnysprimerib-051.jpg[p]

• SmokinGuitarPlayer
    Options
    When we sell an egg we have found that the best way to "send it home" with the new egger is to strap it into the car seat, as you can see in the pictures provided by another person ... it works great. I also carry my medium around this way ... also use a Potlifter to do the "insertion" and "extraction" that makes it a LOT easier. Also, in the provided pics, that wooden case works great also ... but I always worry about the egg bouncing around in there and it WILL crack if you aren't careful .... Happy Eggin!
    Fred A. Bernardo , owner of Tasty Licks BBQ Supply in Shillington, Pa. 
  • Rick's Tropical Delight
    Options
    two thick bungee cords hold the egg tightly in the transporter. i've had a large egg travel from omaha to ohio and atlanta to ohio and several local trips in ohio with no problem, but thanks for the concern.
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    I transport my back and forth all the time. The are out of their nests and sitting on the floor in the front of the trailer. All the insides are where they are supposed to be. I have quilt that gets loosely packed around them.

Now mind you I do slow way down when it comes to railroad tracks.

They soon will be permanently mounted in the trailer.