Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Will This Ever Be OK?

Rascal
Rascal Posts: 3,923
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello to All: It seems as though you have to be a Houdini to figure out the intricasies of this new forum. I know (and before the flamin' starts) it's free and an invaluable source for us Eggin' enthusiasts (and probably other cooking fans who don't own a BGE). Thing is, what used to be fun & simple has turned into somewhat of a nightmare. One time I can see pictures, next time I can't. One viewing option remembers what I've read, the next one doesn't. And then there's "you're not authorized to access this page" issue when trying to view/access a profile... I love visiting, but isn't there a common ground were we all can be comfortable? I don't think I'm alone here. Anyone else? Also, BGE in 'lanta benefits big time from all the talk here. Whay can't they offer some technical support?

Rascal

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    it might not be all on their end, with me, aol is blocking my access to the profiles, but if i change over to internet explorer everything works. with aol it shows me logged in, but i need to use my password with every post i make
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Rascal
    Thanks for the response! I've had similar experiences with AOL vs. IE. I dunno.... Perhaps it will all settle down in time. Thing is, those of us who have been around here for a while (in my case, a short 9 months) are baffled. Imagine what it's like for new-comers who want to jump in the pool!? Seems as though there should be some kind of workable compromise between the old & new forums. In the meantime, I'll endure obviscation, tolerate vacillation, and marinate in the vat of it all.

Rascal
  • Hey Rascal,

I'm probably making a mistake here because I don't understand all the login problems, but if I can help with picture posting in IE7, I'll be glad to try.
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Have you tried Firefox, for me it seems to run faster than IE, and the spell checker is great. -RP
  • I understand there a kinks that need to be ironed out, and from what I've seen that has happened at a pretty brisk pace, but as a newer member (since jan) I have found the forum to be very easy to use and VERY helpful with pretty minimal hassles.

I typically view in Flat View, and occasionally can't see pics. But other than that, the water is great - Jump In newbies!

Rascal wrote:
    Thanks for the response! I've had similar experiences with AOL vs. IE. I dunno.... Perhaps it will all settle down in time. Thing is, those of us who have been around here for a while (in my case, a short 9 months) are baffled. Imagine what it's like for new-comers who want to jump in the pool!? Seems as though there should be some kind of workable compromise between the old & new forums. In the meantime, I'll endure obviscation, tolerate vacillation, and marinate in the vat of it all.

Rascal
  • I think the switch to the new fourm has been hectic but any change is something we have to get use to. I made the switch when it was anounced we would have to, I picked up a new handle to make the change but I needed a new one anyway. It has gone well for me after I got use to it, now I think it is great. There are a lot of new features and I have no problem using all of them as long as I'm logged in. I know a lot of folks are having problems logging on but I think when that problem is solved it will be a lot better. I stay in the classic view and I have no problem seeing or posting pics. I think after we use it a little it will all be good.
    Many thanks to WMK and crew for all the hard work they have put into keeping the forum alive
    My 2 cents
  • Rascal
    Thank you! I'll hang on to the "rope of hope"!

Rascal
  • Old Salt
    Old Salt Posts: 357
    I myself am a newbie. To me this is like any other forum I belong to. The only problem is no point and click on the url's to get pictures. You have to type in the url's.
  • Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    And this too will pass. Have patience. WMK and WPB are working around the clock to correct the things that remain to be done and corrected to get the forum up to 100%; but it will happen.
    This forum is a major improvement over the old one IMO, and I have been on here for years. Has a lot more bells and whistles; and a lot more security.
    Am I happy with some things that don't work. Hell no, but I know that they will be corrected.

As to the fact that BGE benefits from this forum. They must and should because they have invested a lot of resources into it. Like any company; they are entitled to a return on their money.
    Just be patient and the process will work through.
    Regards
    Hammer
  • rascal,
    seeing pictures or not is a function of how they were posted that problem is not on your end. denial of access is because you are not looged in [ you must be logged in to view a profile] the time out is 1 hour. if you get a denial check to see that you are still logged in. as far as remembering i have not switched viewing options.
    hope this helps.
    bill