Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

WMK WPB and the StumpBaby Ban

Options
2»

Comments

• Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    Options
    Thanks my friend, your words mean a lot to me! So get back to posting and let's move on. Sorry to hear that the health problems are still going on.
    Hammer
  • Essex County
    Options
    StumpBaby,

I gotta admit, I have to be in the right frame of mind to read your posts. But if I am, it's a little vacation in the middle of my day. My favorite piece of yours is still the description of your family on your old forum profile. On this forum, we're mostly trying to helpful. A few of us try to be entertaining as well. But we're all opinionated. You describe yourself as "harmless". You're selling yourself short, my friend. Keep it coming.

I hope WPB is still lurking and sees that what he helped create is still creative.

To tie this thread back to egging, I offer the following quote from Hemingway who was fed up by opinionated critics:

"Bulls don't run reviews. Bulls of 25 don't marry old women of 55 and expect to be invited to dinner. Bulls do not get you cited as co-respondent in Society divorce trials. Bulls don't borrow money. Bulls are edible after they have been killed."

Let's fire up our eggs and cook some bull.

Paul
  • DynaGreaseball
    Options
    Stump,

What happened to your avatar? Do you need another copy of it?

Glad this thing has blown over, and glad you're back.
  • Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Options
    Welcome back Stump, I've always enjoyed your posts.

I guess I will have to start wearing Pampers again
  • Sundown,

You're another long-timer on this here board, and many many times you and I have had exchanges/discussions here on the board, all of them good and none of them bad. My folks is from Fall River, both of them, and their parents as well, part of the French Canadian contingent on both sides. I have in my posession, up here in NH, 8 boxes of the finest Hoo Mee Chow Mein mix. It's good stuff, right from the factory. My momma bless her fine fuzzy-lipped cauliflower-eared knuckle-draggin toothless bad self, goes right to the source and brings it up to me when she visits, since I can't get it up here none. That womens a saint, for Far more than her chow mein deliverin skills two. I can get the gaspars choirico up here, and it's good, only once in a while I sware I bite into part of a beak or an **** or somethin..but not that chow mein..you take that and add some meat and even a few veggies...pure gold...100%

StumpBaby
  • Nah, I edited my forum profile and took it away. I'll put it back today if I can, but thanks for the offer.

Stump
  • Rusty Rooster
    Options
    Good to see yo posting again Stump. Your posts always give me a smile, thank you.
    Tom
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Stump - you can write me anytime and I will read (er... make that "try to read") what ever you write. Sometimes you're over the top and sometimes under the bottom but you're always entertaining. I do agree that this forum should be about good times and not anger. We have politics to vent our anger, we should reserve the forum for sharing food knowledge (or lack of knowledge) and good cheer. I think you do that.
  • mojopin
    mojopin Posts: 200
    Options
    Long live the Stump!

I've always enjoyed reading your posts! They almost always have me cracking up!

You have my vote to continue on posting!
    -Jill
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Stump, et. al.,

Apologies to all.. You have all now witnessed a clear, definitive, textbook example of why one should NEVER give a monkey (yours truly) a loaded gun... or for you technical types, under no circumstances whatsoever should you ever hand a screwdriver to a computer programmer.

Stump, I noticed your handle in your post was in non-bold black, as opposed to bold-green, are you still having issues getting logged in? I swear, as God is my witness, I thought I did all that was needed to un-ban you. Please let us know you can get into the new forum!

BTW, the Lama has been lurking, and observed the commotion. Believe it or not, we discussed the events on Netmeeting. There he was, twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. He reminded me of the importance of tolerance... "A Stump" he told me, "is, after all, just a Stump, accept it for what it is, a Stump"... whew!... what insight!... GO LAMA! And although the karma feature has met it's well earned demise (talk about giving a monkey a loaded gun), he informed me that he will be dispensing copious amounts of positive karma to the entire EggheadForum family.

Keep Egging!
  • Rusty Rooster
    Options
    Only ever been one who made no errors. The rest of us are REALLY human. Thank you for all you do for us.
    Tom
  • Hammer
    Options
    WPB,
    Thanks for the post! I believe what you said when you stated that you have done everything to get Stump fully back on the forum.
    Now my question is, and you may have answered it several times but I missed it. What is the lama, and who is the lama that you refer too?
    My other question is when will the plug be pulled on the old forum? I went there last night and it appears from the number of posts that it's just about gone. Noticed that some of the posters there were already on the new forum.
    Thanks again for what you do!
    Hammer
  • WPB and WMK,

In my post last night I intended to mention the two of you, but time got late, I was kicked off the computer for a while so one of my youngins could go to webkins.com online, I shifted to my laptop, and lost my train of thought. I'm a Stump after all. I don't know the specifics of who does what to keep this all going, but I have read that it's all done for free, from the both of you. You should know that it is greatly appreciated from all of us, even though there's been some problems here and there, in general things have gone fairly well with the transition, considering how much is involved. I can't say I'm used to the new format yet, but over time I will get it.

I was absolutely bummed out to read the post from WPB the other night, and that's not a ding at all, it showed stress and frustration, basic regular-old human feelings and understandable given the circumstances, but more importantly it showed me that we should all think about what this place means to not only us, but to the two of you as well. Thanks for working hard to make this a better place for us all. Is this place perfect? nope, but neither was the other place. It'll get there. We need to still raise the issues as they arise, but have more patience with it is all. I hope the two of you can stabelize this place soon, then take some well deserved time away from it for a while.

BTW, as for Banning me, ah...there have been worse things done to the Stump. If I cross the line, and at some point I probably will, I hope we can go back to the old way of just pulling the post.

StumpBaby
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The Lama I refer to is his holiness the Dalai Lama...

dalia_lama_bge5.jpg

more on the Dalai Lama

He is a major an minor character in two films... "Seven Years in Tibet" and "Caddyshack" (Big hitter the Lama)

The photo above is a composite I did of how I envision the Dalai Lama at total peace and relaxation.

As for plug-pulling... the old forum does seem to be becoming rather a ghost town... I know WMK is working feverishly to get everyone able to log in on the new forum... there are som usability issues on the new forum, but were dealing with them as fast as we can. Hopefully WMK will post his thoughts on time frame for un-plugging.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Stump,

Thanks for the kind words.... my immediate concern is can you log in to the new forum and post? It looks like you're posting as guest.
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    What's wrong with a beak or other chicken part? It tastes good! The Chow Mein is the best.
  • Hammer
    Options
    Thanks for the reply! Again, glad to see you here and posting!
    Hammer
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    KUNDUN 1997 worth the watch
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Paul:

I'm glad to see you post. I more or less just lurk these days and watch the new folks establishing the "new order". There have been some changes, for sure, but I sincerely hope that what first brought us all together will always remain.

BTW. I could probably get somewhere in the neighborhood of $4.50 for that Spatula if you ever want to get rid of it. Of course, after I paid shipping, I'd lose only, let's see...only about $1. Wow! Send it on!

Those of us who have long-term knowledge of you, know that you were first a staunch family man long before you were a derelict. Well,.... maybe that's not entirely true, but you hid it well.

Secondly, you wouldn't intentionally hurt another soul....not physically or with the pen.

In short, you're "One of a Kind", and, I hope you are doing well. All this typing makes me want to go fry up a batch of Tots!

BuddyLawn
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    You are a legend!!

I still fondly remember Max admonishing us for that e-mail exchange with all those prudes on the list.. :woohoo:

We lub ya stump (in a manly sort of way)!!