Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another Vote of Support For WPB

The Naked Whiz
The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I hope you will reconsider. Perhaps WMK can explain the Stumpbaby phenomenon to you, and perhaps you two can chat about what is and is not permissible. There's no need, by any means, to allow an anonymous poster to run you off. Anyone who has been here for the last 6-7 years will probably agree that the amount of attention this forum has received lately from you and WMK is unprecedented and deserves much thanks from all of us. We all appreciate everything you and WMK have done for us!

As for the karma thing, I think anyone who has been here for the last 6-7 years would also understand that any kind of rating system that allows members to give a negative rating was a pretty bad idea. That's why I voted "other" and suggested a rating system where you can only give positive bumps to posters. Maybe even a system like amazon has where on each post there is a check box for "Has this post been helpful to you?" Rate the posts, not the posters. We all would like to think we can all get along and be nice to each other, but witness recent events.

Anyway, I hope we'll see you back soon.
The Naked Whiz

Comments

• Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    I'll second that!

Rascal
  • DITTO from a newbe. Miles out
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    See the thread above.
  • I definitely agree that having only positive feedback would be a good idea.

Greg
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    i think your idea re: tracking helpful posts is interesting. i just think it might be more work for WMK and WPB than it's worth...

i'd thought it would be helpful to see something like eBay's system. "stike has 78% positive and 22% negative" and maybe a link to the comments. i also think it needs to NOT be anonymous. that way, if i don't like one of CW's posts because he said something about my "gonads" (like yesterday), i could smite him once for that, versus the other positives i've given him (hypothetical positives, i mean...).

that way, people could see why a negative ding was given, and by whom. if you see that one person's given AZRP -15, well, you can dismiss it.

in the end, though, too much fussing and too much accounting and too much work for WMK et al.

as NB said, if someone's been around here long enough, they know the score.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • What would even be better is if there was a way to mark a post answered and maybe who answered it. IE. I ask about Beef Wellington, you post your recipe and a pic, I get what I need the post is done and I mark that as the answer I was looking for, it say answered by Stike.
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Oh man, you want to see who dinged you. LIke that would not generate any flame wars here.......LOL.

Thanks for the brisket suggestions yesterday. T
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • stike
    nah. you're right , of course. it's not that i'm interested in seeing who dinged. more like, i thnik if you COULD, it would keep the rampant dingers from just besiegeing someone like AZRP or Celtic Wolf. that's all.... if you saw that stike gave -35 to Celtic Wolf, well, then you'd know that stike is just a lame-ass. well, more of a lame-ass, i mean.
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    We appreciate all that you guys have been doing behind the scenes to make this place welcome to everyone out there. I currently manage the I/T web farm for a certain computer manufacturer out of Round Rock, TX ;) and believe me--I know how demanding users can be. Especially the calls for help I get from around the world at all hours of the day and night.

Hang in there, man--you guys are doing an absolutely fabulous job, appreciated by many folks out here on the interwebs :P

Thanks again--
  • WPB YOUR RESIGNATION HAS BEEN DENIED BY THE MAJORITY ON THIS BOARD!!!

You have worked too hard and helped too many to just up and walk away from us now because of some ‘nutcase’.

In my opinion you did the right thing by giving Stump Baby a time out. This is not ‘the boys club’ We all need to realize that there are ladies and children and some men reading/looking at this board that may be offended.

You have worked relentlessly hard to get this board in shape and help the members with their problems.

I appreciate all your hard work and dedication.
    Take a break if needed but please come back.

AuntieEgger
  • stike
    i think it would be understandable to have it deleted. banning seems excessive, but then again, i don't own the company
  • I agree with everything TNW said. I certainly appreciate the work you have been doing. There is absolutely no way to make everyone happy. My Grandfather used to say that even if you were passing out $100 bills, somebody would not be happy about it.

I think the new forum is great. Let's all get focused on some serious eggin!

TC
  • The first rule for posting online is to have a thick skin - make that a very thick skin....

It's a crazy world out there....

Hang tough...

Spacey
  • The question is how do you cook something with a "thick skin"?

How can you get the skin crispy?

Should you season the meat underneath the skin?

:laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol:

Greg
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    AuntieEgger,
    "WPB YOUR RESIGNATION HAS BEEN DENIED BY THE MAJORITY ON THIS BOARD!!!"

Well said and I like you style. :):):)

Best Regards,
    Bordello
  • Davekatz
    Davekatz Posts: 763
    Agreed! Thanks for all your good work.

Dave
    Food & Fire - The carnivorous ramblings of a gluten-free grill geek.
  • Well stike, I think your eating to many shredded carrots. :P Stump was’t banned was he? I believe he only got a deleted post and a little time out. Heck it’s not like he got banned from using his BGE or anything right?

But your right we gotta leave this stuff to the powers that be.

AuntieEgger
  • Just want to add my support to what TNW and the rest of you have said on this subject. I haven't been around all that long, just since last spring, but even since then I can't believe how many new people have joined our wonderful world of egging, and how busy the forum has become. I've often thought that I'm glad it's not me who has the job of administering it, and I dont think it gets stated often enough, at least out loud, how much we appreciate those who do. The turnover to the new forum seemed a little troublesome at first, as it is bound to be, but I thought it was running pretty smoothly now, and the majority seem to be happy with it, and all the added features. As has already been stated, you can never please everybody all the time, and in every group there has to be a few who don't want to give up their pre-school mentality, just to amuse themselves. Hopefully we can convince both WPB and WMK that we do appreciate their hard work, after all, what would we do without them and this forum? The world of the egg wouldn't be quite as bright a place, if you ask me.
  • Oops, I signed my previous post with my user name instead of my handle, but just wanted to say it was me, Smokin' Lady giving my opinion. Blame it on this lovely blizzard we're having right now.
  • Well said!

Wow, you've got the same avatar as one of our other members.
  • Nope, just me, when I first tried to post my message I got an error message (can't remember now what it said) but I thought maybe I wasn't logged in because the guest screen came up, and I typed in my user name thinking it would post using my handle, but it didn't. Think I need to go back to computer school. :unsure:
  • Since I'm Florida...I thought it would be appropriate if I extened another vote of support for WPB!!....We love voting multiple times for measures that we're supportive of...And I'm supportive of WBP!!....Hell...I can't even log in using the very same information that the new system accepted just a week ago!!....Do I care....No!...Why?...BECAUSE I HAVE A LIFE!!....That's not to say I wouldn't be worried if my bank's ATM wasn't accepting my PIN number....and I need $20 to get back home....But this isn't the case!!....Why?...BECAUSE I HAVE A LIFE!!.....Hang in there WPB!.....It'll get better.....It will.....

Voting twice...cause it's nice

Ed McLean
    Ft. Pierce, FL
  • BBQonJ
    BBQonJ Posts: 60
    This is another vote in favor of the two guys doing a lot of hard work to make this forum what it is.

I just came through a home owners assocation election. There is nothing like voting on people you know in a small group to make for hard feelings. If you can not say something nice......

Dave
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    Wayne,

Maybe I'm one of the few who at least knows your real name so permit me to use it instead of "WPB".

I hope you know our BGE family is sincere in asking you to reconsider and hang with us! Both of you guys are appreciated and we know these last few weeks have been an uphill battle at times. You're at the crest of the hill - if not at the top - so please don't give up now.

Your cyber friend in green,

RRP
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Just kidding. I knew it was you.
  • Boatman
    Boatman Posts: 854
    As a newbie, I am just getting to know who is who on this fabulous forum. Hate to see it being pulled apart by the actions/opinions of a few. Collectively this is a great group, let's try to keep it that way. I always found taking the high road was the best way to travel! Chin up!
  • eatbbq
    eatbbq Posts: 81
    Man, I go to work early, come home later in the day, see all these posts and contraversy...I couldn't figure which post to reply to. All I want to say as a "newbie" is thanks to the people who keep this forum going, I don't know how you do it, and certainly to get flak for trying to keep a place operating where everyone can post their thoughts, experiences, and their great cooks on the Egg is worth a lot. To have someone do this for nothing is priceless. I for one would really miss not being able to log into this site and read and learn from this forum. I know that most people who come to this site really appreciate what you two are doing and want it to continue. I echo all the very positive comments on all the many posts on this topic and keep up the great work...too bad there wasn't some way we could compensate you other than to say : "MANY THANKS"!!!
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Do we really need a rating system to figure that out :woohoo: