Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A BGE first?

Options
BlueRidge
BlueRidge Posts: 84
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Tonight I did a spatchcoked chicken...my kids wouldn't eat it because it was too juicy. Go figure! I didn't realize that was a possible complaint when it came to chicken.

Comments

• BamaBackdraft
    Options
    Some kids just like to p--- of the old man every chance they get. Probably saw you drooling over the chicken and figured they would bust your bubble.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Next time TRex it??? ;):sick:
  • mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    Actually I know the problem. I like drier white meat. The juicyness of even non-egg dark meat makes me gag. It was a real shock to encounter that kind of juicy feeling in white meat on the egg. I have a tendency to overcook poultry in the egg just to get rid of that feeling. Eeeeeek.

mShark
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    sign over a bakery:
    "pies like mom used to make... $7
    pies like mom tried to make, but couldn't...$10"

lotsa folks still eat food the way mom cooked it, even when mom overcooked it.

to each his (or her!) own.
    if you want it drier, no problem here.

but when i finally had chicken that i didn't need to wash down with water, i was amazed.

in fact, my mom is up from FLA visiting today, and we did chicken on the BGE. she kept raving about how good it was. "but, imean, what did you do!?!?!" i kept tellin her it was nuthin but salt, pepper, and some paprika, nuthin more. "but why is it so good?"

truth is, it's good because i took it off before i was overcooked. the irony here, i that i used my thermapen. which i bought from YOU.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Pharmeggist
    Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    Options
    I will help you out... Go to Wally WOrld buy a gas grill and cook chicken on it! :sick: They kids will be begging you to cook on the egg real soon :woohoo:
    If that doesn't work you will be left with no choice but to sell your egg :laugh: JOKE
    ~Pharmeggist
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    This is why they make small eggs. They don't like the food why waste the lump. They'll come around when they get really hungry... :P

Now I am not sure what to do with Molly.. (shuddup Wolf :evil: ))