Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ABT Help

kau-boy
kau-boy Posts: 20
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The wife doesn't really like jalepenos. Has anyone tried other chiles and have any tips or suggestions. (I'm keeping the wife)
Mahalo

Comments

• I've used banana peppers. Came out great IMO. I did notice I can get all the heat out of the jalapenos by just removing all the veins and seeds. My wife hated jalapenos until ABTs came along Fisrt batch I did with bananas and now she has switched. She does inspect them for seeds and veins before I fill them.
  • ThrRoff
    ThrRoff Posts: 169
    I think the jalapenos loose most of their heat roasting. And, give New Mexico peppers a try.
  • mojopin
    mojopin Posts: 200
    I've used Poblanos and actually liked them better. Only problem is they are usually a lot larger than the jalapenos. So for parties I go with the jalapenos and for just us we do poblanos.

When the jalapenos are nice and charred and the seeds and membrane removed they don't taste as much like a jalapeno as they did before.

-Jill
  • If you use habaneros the next time, then use jalapenos after that, she will love 'em.,
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    hahaha Txn...that's a good plan..use habaneros next time! :blink:
  • I made some ABTs with jalapenos today, but I also made what I was calling a PBT (pizza BT). For the PBT, I made a "canoe" out of a large Anaheim pepper. I filled it with mozzarella, minced mushrooms and onions, diced pepperoni and more mozzarella. Then I replaced the piece of pepper that I removed to make the canoe and wrapped it all with two pieces of bacon. It was great.

Meat