Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Holding a Brisket

Options
Good Eats
Good Eats Posts: 136
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am guessing my brisket will come off sometime tonight around 11:00 pm... question is how long can I hold it in the cooler without worrying about bad things happening to it? Can I leave it wrapped till 8:00 am then put it in the fridge or do I need to get up in the middle of the night and put it in there? Don't want anyone getting sick...

Comments

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    I have kept a brisket or butt HOT for 4 hours. I heavy foil and have some heavy blankets I bundle the food up with.

I kept 6 racks of ribs HOT for 3 hours the same way.

Use the cooler method or blanket method and have a meat thermometer in the brisket. You will see where the temps are going and can decide from there.
  • Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Options
    You can also wrap in HDFoil, some old towels and stick it in the oven. Set your oven temp to something reasonable [lower than 190F, but above 140F] and your brisket will stew in its own juices and h - o - l - d.

Be sure to double wrap in foil so there are no leaks...

~ B