Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eating Healthier

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I recently purchased a book titled "Eat This, Not That" by David Zinczenko. It breaks down what foods are healthier to cook as far as fat and calories and also the same breakdown for eating out. I have not read the entire book yet, but it seems to have good info.

Comments

• Don't mean to betray my forum buddies here, but honestly, what we do here ain't real healthy! Some are ok, but most aren't. 'Course, it's healthier than deep frying!
  • Go on a low carb diet lose weight and egg on!!!!
  • I would love to see how you incorporate these foods to cooking on the EGG.

Greg
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Been trying to cut some of the fat myself. I make sacrifices to the Egg 4 or 5 times a week and trying to do SOME healther burns. Chicken 'bobs, fish ect. Like to see some lower fat/colostoral burns myself IF they tast good.
  • TMac
    TMac Posts: 15
    Actually, my health is one of the reasons I'm purchasing the egg. In the past, I have been a follower of the Atkiins diet coupled with a great deal of exercise. This was a great life style. Good blood pressure, low cholesterol, blood sugar in a good range, lots of energy and sleeping well....

My job and my discipline (or lack there of) took me away from this for a few years and I gained a great deal of weight.

Purchasing the egg and learning the art are the fun part of the strategy to get back in good health.