Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoke Pork Tenderloins?????

Options
nodock
nodock Posts: 26
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have grilled pork tenders but never smoked one...need some help...indirect or direct....what temp...how long? many thanks to one an all....

Comments

• AuntieEgger
    Options
    I do my tenderloins Direct on the normal grid @ 300F dome temp. I coat the tenderloins with olive oil or Italian Salad dressing then apply a rub. Let cook for about 32 min’s turning half way through the cook until you get the internal temp of 145F.

Let rest in tinfoil for 5 min’s
    I use hickory smoke

AuntieEgger
  • nodock
    nodock Posts: 26
    Options
    many thanks,....sounds like a winner....
  • ILL--EGGER
    Options
    I smoked 4 1.5-2.0 lbs. pork tenderloins on Sunday at 350-375 for about 1Hr. with indirect heat (feet up platesetter) until internal temp. of 155. Used Apple chips and rub...turned out great. You can see my brand new gasket in place also :)PorkLoin.jpg
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Howdy nodock
    Just a personal pref, but I think a straight smoked tenderloin is kinda blah. The problem with smoking it is that you won't end up with any caramelization and crust on the surface before the inside is done. Grilling makes a much more flavorful meal. You can defintely add smoke to your grilling session though, but I would definitely stick with direct cooking at a min of 300.

Just some more idears ferya! Have a blast with your spirementations.

Happy cookin. Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ