Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT: Gasser conversion

HooterHooter Posts: 127
edited 12:50AM in EggHead Forum

In addition to the 2 eggs on my deck, I have a Weber gasser that I use occasionally for quick cooks (I've used it twice in the past year). I just moved to a house with a natural gas connection out back. Does anyone know if Weber makes a conversion kit to convert from LP to natural gas?




  • BraddogBraddog Posts: 212
    Based on a quick Google search, it sure looks like it. It was covered on one of the other BBQ forums and a couple of folks there claim to have ordered the necessary parts by contacting Weber Customer Service.

    Good Luck,
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,675
    Your natural gas supplier will probably do it for free just to sell the gas (our's locally does) If not it is an easy conversion but without a manometer to check gas water colum inches you will have to trust that the new regulator is correct. I've had them off right out of the box. Converted mine to Eggcesseries tool box :) . good luck
  • HooterHooter Posts: 127
    Allrighty then...I have some direction. Thanks folks!

    P.S. I'm definitely going to contact my gas service provider. If they will do it for free then that the heck...why not?
  • i won't advise you not to call your gas company, but i'm almost certain that all gas meter/pressure regulators in the US reduce the gas pressure to a standard pressure for distribution into your house.

    i converted my weber several years ago. just call their customer service number (you can get it from their web site), and have your serial number handy (so they can make sure the parts they sell you fit your grill).

    natural gas and propane have different heat values--so what weber will sell you is an orifice/manifold unit that allows the proper amount of natural gas to flow in order to produce the same BTU rating that you are now getting from propane.

    even if your gas company does the conversion for you, you'll need the parts from weber. IIRC, the kit cost about $100.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Click here for Forum Use Guidelines.