Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Temperature Rings

MickeyT
MickeyT Posts: 607
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Howdy all!!![p]Thanks to those that e-mailed me about this subject. I e-mailed a couple of folks back then my server pooped out. My bad.[p]This was just a goofy idea of mine that works. I don't mind sharing with the folks on this forum because I have certainly gained alot in the past two years from several of you.[p]I own a business that has a laser, so I put it to good use last year. [p]Picture a donut.[p]All I did was take the diamater of the exhaust on my large and lasered out about 15 circles with a different size hole within that circle. I used .0625 overall increments starting @ 1/4". Out of those 15 I use 5 or 6 the most. You get your egg to where you want it temp wise, throw on a ring and it holds it @ that temp. I do this for wings, butts, ribs, chops, steaks or whatever.[p]They're amazing! Quite hassle free, and the best thing is, they work in any outside temperature, as my post further down the road states.
You can take them on and off without any heat transfer to your hands also. They don't get hot. The wood I use is expensive but they really hold up. Mine are over 1 year old and are still in great shape, and I cook a ton.[p]If anyone is interested in trying these just let me know and I'll whip you up a set. No charge of course. I'm not selling these. [p]I'd be interseted to find out your response. Only if it's possitive of course. :>)[p]The "Temperature Ring" finally revealed....[p]Have a great weekend!!!![p]Basketball anyone???????[p]Mick

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    MickeyT.,
    I love talking "invention" stuff. Sounds to me like you are on to something. I would volunteer to try it but I'm not at the level of cooking some of these guys are, so I will defer to them to try your temperature rings. I know they will give you a very detailed analysis. If it works like you say, you will have a bunch of friends around the country. Good going. How about showing a photo of the rings in action.

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    MickeyT.,
    Dang Boy! That is very generous of you. Put me on the list.
    The last butt I cooked had me all over the place for all the wind gusts. Your rings may be the ticket.
    I will email you my coordinates.
    You Q on dude.
    WD

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    MickeyT.,[p]I saw your post last week(?) and was intriugued. I love to get on your list and would even be willing to pay the shipping costs. Sounds really neat.

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    MickeyT.,
    I would be interested if possible and would also be willing to pay shipping if you are able to do. What kind of wood do you use?????? (if it's not a secret)
    Thanks,
    New Bob[p]You may have just started another business Ö

• Perk
    Perk Posts: 2
    MickeyT.,
    MickeyT.,
    That sounds like a great idea....I'd love to play around with those. I'll email you my addy off list. Thanks!