Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

London Broil Help Needed

Options
Luscombe
Luscombe Posts: 34
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi All,

Sorry for messing up the post. I inadvertently stuck this in as a reply under the ABT post.

Since it's snowing here in Hot-lanta and now it really feels like Wisconsin, Oh Yeah, I decided I would get some steaks and cook them in the egg out in the snow.

I picked up a couple flat-irons and a London broil this morning before the weather hit us. I have never done a London Broil on the egg. Do you T-rex them like ribeyes and flat irons or is there a better technique. The London Broil is about an inch thick.

If you help me, I promise I will post photos.

Now....where did I put that snow mobile

Gary

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    i trexed the last couple i have done they turn out pretty good i have hit them with my jaccard a few times and raising ther steaks trex away make sure to have the proper amount of rest... and enough paitence from the family :lol::lol::lol:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• jbrodie
    jbrodie Posts: 111
    Options
    I marinate over night in Italian dressing and then use a rub before cooking with the Dead Simple method.
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    i marinade for a few hours with teriyaki, equal parts soy, mirin and sake and maybe a drop or two of dark sesame oil. i reduce the marinade while the meat is egging and add a bit of corn starch to thicken. dress the sliced meat with the teryaki sauce and put the sauce on rice as well .
    bill
  • Rusty Rooster
    Options
    Try this simple london broil marinade, the longer you leave it in the better it gets.
    1 Cup Vegitable oil
    1/2 Cup Dijon mustard
    1/4 Cup white vinegar
    1/8 Cup worchestershire
    Baste it with maranade as you cook to MR at the donest, then be sure to slice accross the grain. TRexing or other similar direct cook method.
    Our guests also like a "gravy" made from the marinade. Drain off as much of the oil as you can then microwave till any meat juices in it are cooked or do the same in a sauce pan.
    We have never failed to have guests request this recipe.
    Tom
  • Luscombe
    Options
    Thank you All! or Thanks Y'all

I am going to do the dead simple way with the midnight express rub for me. For my bride, it will be dead simple with EVOO, sea salt and cracked pepper. I will keep the recommendations and work through them one at a time.

Ya gotta love this kind of research.

Thanks everyone!

Gary