Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Prime Rib Bones

Options
nodock
nodock Posts: 26
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
have some kinda meaty bones...I'm thinking a hot cook might be best...not a lot of meat on the bones so a slow cook might REALLY dry it out...need some help...thanks,

Comments

• BabyBoomBBQ
    Options
    Why not try braising them in beer or wine or something? That will keep them from drying out.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    when i did my primerib

gasket12-18-07007.jpg

i just took the bnones and put them back on the egg at around 280 and let them finish off for another 2 hours squirted them with a little red wine (leftovers from friends) sauced them with Wild Boar BBQ sauce the last 30 min. they turned out pretty good some have done them with the 3-1-1 method but you have already cooked them with the roast ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• nodock
    nodock Posts: 26
    Options
    thanks, I do braise short ribs...they are tougher and meatier......but its a good thought,,