Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Photobucket HELP!!!!!!

Options
Okeejohn
Okeejohn Posts: 297
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ok, I did what I had to do do to register. I download my pictures to Picasa. I use Firefox. When I try to upload a picture, I get the following message: "PICT 0524.JPE does not have a valid image extension" What the Hell is that??? How can I fix this? I am about to go nuts!

John

Comments

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Try changing the extension 'JPE' to 'JPEG' or 'JPG' and see if that works for you..........
  • TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    I might be wrong about this, but I don't think you can have any spaces in the image file name in order for it to load.

Good luck!

TRex
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Does Picasa really save your pictures as .JPE or was that a mis-type. If Picasa saves pictures as a .jpe then from the program save as .jpg

The second problem could very well be with a photobucket restriciton of spaces in the name.

Over the years I have gotten used not to saving files with spaces when I intend to upload. If you like a space use a "_" underscore rather than a space.

Photobucket also has a max size for uploading.

Kent
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    I've uploaded files with spaces in their names...it's the extension here that is the problem. Photobucket is looking for a *.jpg, not a *.jpe
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    That is nice to know. Over the years I got in the habbit of no spaces in uploading pictures/files.

Looks like we will be seeing more pictures from Okeejohn.