Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

bente

milesofsmiles
milesofsmiles Posts: 1,377
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What's going down egg master ? Saw a pic of the baby the other day. BEAUTIFUL y'all done good. "smiley's acoustic cafe" is now open for buss. #111 augusta street downtown Greenville. I think I will cook a stuffed pork loin and donate to the cause. ala BGE lo n slo. Got any suggestions? I'am thinkin T N W or Mr. Breeden aka wessb. How bout you??? Miles out. Please rsvp. Sorry smiley is the off spring of a night in the BUICK with Mrs. Smiles. I know T M I.

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    thanks for the baby comment she is great to have around she is getting ready to turn 4 months old i sure am glad she takes after her mom (the beautiful people will take over eventually)

here is a thought or two on the pork

Big'un's Triple Threat
    Bacon wrapped pork loin stuffed with apple sausage
    Ingredients
    1 pork loin
    1 lb bacon for every half loin(typically)
    cooking twine (no not wine, although...)
    1 lb roll of Jimmy Dean Sausage
    3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
    1/4 cup white wine (I like chablis)
    1 small onion
    1 large apple cored and diced
    2 Tbs favorite rub + extra for seasoning
    Preparation
    Take out loin and typically they are already cut into two pieces. Each piece is considered
    by me to be one loin. Cut away any fat or silver skin. The toughest part of this cook is the
    prep. I use a tool I made to cut a hole in the loin for stuffing. You can achieve the same
    effect could by merely slicing 2/3rds into the loin to allow for the sausage stuffing.
    After prepping the loin return it to the refrigerator.
    Mix the last six ingredients (and any extras) in a bowl. Stuff the loin with sausage and
    return to refrigerator.
    Get out the bacon and separate it. You'll see later that this expedites the wrapping
    process.
    Cut the twine in large enough pieces to tie the loin. Lay them out on your prep board,
    spacing them about two inches apart.
    Sprinkle the rub on the outside of loin and lay it on the front third of the twine.
    Start to wrap the bacon lengthwise, slightly overlapping each
    piece of bacon. After you have wrapped all you can, use the twine to help rotate the loin
    leaving the bacon intact. Cover the rest of the loin with bacon, and tie snuggly.
    Cooking
    Cook at 325° F dome, indirect, platesetter legs up, drip pan underneath grate.
    Remove the roast at 140° F internal. Tent with foil and let rest.
    Enjoy! Juicy and a great presentation .

Source: somehow i got it from Big un
    where i don't know

that one was pretty eggcelent

this one below is really good also

Pork, Tenderloins, Coffee-Crusted*
    Ingredients
    1-2 lbs Pork Tenderloin (usually come 2 to a pkg)
    4 Tbs Freshly ground Coffee Beans
    1 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
    4 tsp Coarse Salt, kosher or sea
    3/4 tsp ground Cumin
    4 tsp Dark Brown Sugar
    3/4 tsp ground Coriander
    2 tsp sweet Paprika
    3/4 tsp unsweetened Cocoa Powder
    1 1/4 tsp freshly ground Black Pepper
    1 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
    1/3 cup Turbinado Sugar
    2 Tbls. Canola or Vegetable Oil

Preparation :
    1 In a small bowl, mix together the first 11 ingredients (coffee through
    2 sugar).
    3 Sprinkle this mixture on the tenderloins.
    4 Drizzle the tenderloins with oil and rub it in well.
    5 Wrap in plastic wrap and let sit for at least 4 hours (overnight is better).
    6 Preheat the egg to 400° dome temperature.
    7 Cook tenderloins direct on a raised grid for about 20 minutes, flipping
    8 every few minutes, until they reach an internal temperature of 145°.
    9 Remove from cooker and let rest 5-10 minutes before slicing.
    10 * This is QBabe’s recipe that I’ve modified slightly by adding Turbinado
    11 Sugar and cooking at a higher temperature. I cook this on a regular basis
    12 at my dealer and it’s always a big hit even without the Redeye Barbecue
    13 Sauce (see Sauces section on BGE site) that she recommends.

Recipe Type
    Main Dish, Meat

Recipe Source
    Author: John Hall (egret)
    Source: BGE Florida Eggfest '07, Egret

i think this is my next pork "Project"

Pork Tenderloin Stuffed with Spinach, Fontina Cheese, and Sun Dried Tomatoes is served at Siena Italian Grill and Bar for $23.95. This recipe serves 4 people.
    This is a 2-part recipe:
    Pork Tenderloin
    Red Wine Reduction Sauce
    Stuffed Pork Tenderloin Ingredients
    1 whole pork tenderloin, about 1 1/2 pounds
    6 oz. fresh baby spinach (1 bag)
    6 oz. fontina cheese
    5 oz. sun dried tomatoes in olive oil
    Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
    2 tbsp olive oil
    Stuffed Pork Tenderloin Steal This Recipe® step-by-step instructions:
    1) Sautee spinach in a covered saucepan with 2 tbsp water until it is wilted.
    2) Drain and cool.
    3) Butterfly the pork tenderloin: slice the length of the tenderloin, so that it unrolls with an even 1/2-1/4” thickness – like unrolling a Ho-Ho or a Yodel pastry.
    4) Pound the tenderloin even thinner between two sheets of cellophane wrap. If you don’t have a pounder, use the flat bottom of a small, heavy cooking pan.
    5) Remove cellophane and spread the spinach, fontina, and tomatoes along the whole length of the piece of meat.
    6) Roll the tenderloin up, and hold it together with kitchen string (in a pinch, use toothpicks).
    7) Rub the entire outside of the roast with salt and pepper. Wrap it in cellophane if you will be cooking it later. [You can prepare the roast up to 1 day ahead, as far as this step]
    8) Preheat oven to 400ºF. If roast was prepared in advance, take it out of the refrigerator while oven is heating.
    9) Place olive oil in an oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork loin and brown on all sides.
    10) Place in oven and roast for 10-15 minutes -- until meat reaches an internal temperature of 150ºF.
    11) Remove meat from pan and let stand, loosely covered with foil, 5-15 minutes. Slice the roast diagonally, and pour the Red Wine Reduction Sauce over the pieces.
    Source supermarketguru.com
    Posted12-23-07 by VienniaJack

hope alls well!! we may have to figure out if Byc is around anywhere (he lives in gville) and have a grilling out front this spring

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Hey T, thats alot of posting. Your typing skills are super. How many auto's did you move this week? Spas sales could be a mite better. Let's do egg talk next time your in Simp.ville. EGGERS RULE. Miles out.
  • BENTE
    we ran

900 in batesburg-leesville s.c tuesday

1800 in anderson on wednesday

2000 in charlotte on thursday had 248 in my lane and we finished in 3:15 with snow on all of them you are watching The SUPER DOPPLER to make sure you work in the morning right ;)B)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• I forgot about super dopler. Thanks for the reminder. Man thats movin lots of autos. When is the next older auto auction? The collectors and hot rods. Miles out.
  • BENTE
    i am not sure? i think gene gore is going to have one in the spring

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb