Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Major Kudos to RastaEgg!!

Big'un
Big'un Posts: 5,909
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just got done cleaning/prepping a cooler full of fresh fish that RastaEgg and his wife were kind enough to transport up from Florida on their way through Georgia. I'll be firing up the Eggs and the large grill tomorrow to smoke those bad boys. 6 slabs of ribs going on first. Hope it doesn't snow. Thanks Mike and Stephanie! Can you give karma to someone who is not online?

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    That's great Big'un. There's alot of good people on this site. Besides, we have way too many fish down here. :woohoo: I'll boost his karma too. What kind of fish were they.
    Post pic's if you can. Always looking for different ideas for fish.
    Pat
  • Big'un
    The fish I asked for was mullet. I grew up in Tampa and we would catch and smoke our own. I haven't been able to get any fresh ones up here. He got some really nice ones, eyes still clear. Smoked mullet makes the best fish dip ever! I never thought I would be this eggcited over...mullet! Haha. I do love all fish though,and since I used to teach diving, we always planned an extra spearfishing dive just to get grouper, snapper and amberjack. Thanks for the assist,FlaPoolman!
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Used to do alot of cold smoke mullet. You had to get them close to the inlet. (silver not green) They sure make the beer go down good. Almost made an alcoholic out of me they were so good.
    Pat
  • Big'un
    Thanks, Pat,I'll take that under advisement!LOL. Gotta go get a beer.Haha.
  • TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    I just gave you a karma bump for that signature tag - I like it.

Cheers man,

TRex
  • Big'un
    Thanks Brotherman,

Don't forget about April 19th, We're hoping the house of Faulkner will be well represented.