Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last night's dinner

Options
DavidHall
DavidHall Posts: 19
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Yesterday was beautiful here in the Raleigh-Durham area, so I grilled hanger steak on my BGE for last night's dinner. It was probably the best I've ever done, nicely grilled on the outside but still rare on the inside, with just a hint of smoke.[p]To go along with the steak we did homemade French fries and little haricots verts. I had blanched the beans beforehand. Then while the steak was resting, I tossed the beans with a little olive oil, red pepper flakes, and sliced garlic, and threw them into a veggie basket to warm up on the grill.[p]Although a good steak does not need a sauce, the market had fresh black trumpet mushrooms. (If you've never tried these, you should seek them out. The aroma is almost as intense as that of truffles.) They're so delicate that they don't really need to be sauteed. Instead, I gently warmed the mushrooms in a little olive oil and butter. At the end I added a sprig of thyme and a tablespoon of cream. The sauce with the steak was unforgettable.[p]We drank a Saint Emilion from Chateau Lyonnat, a very nice Bordeaux, especially considering the price (~$15).[p]We followed that with a simple salad of red leaf lettuce, apple slices, and walnuts, dressed with a balsamic vinaigrette. Dessert was a little dish of vanilla ice cream with chocolate biscotti.[p]Does life get any better than that? :-)[p]David
Durham, NC

Comments