Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Hope this works

aaindaaind Posts: 235
edited 12:05PM in EggHead Forum
Anybody got one,how do they work?
Dave
P25724B.jpg

Comments

• tjvtjv Posts: 3,725
    I just use a couple sheets of wax paper, rolling pin and pizza cutter. Roll the meat to desired thickness and cut with pizza cutter to size....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/tvogds/burgers/100_0229.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/tvogds/burgers/cheesedup.jpg
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • egretegret Posts: 4,110
    Good Lord, Tom! Why don't you put a little cheese on those things?? :woohoo:
    saw that cheese trick on food network tv where they profiled some burger joint in california. the cheese melts and cooks. If you time it right, the cooked cheese is very good by itself.

oh ya, I grew up in cheesehead land.... T

bruger0819072.jpg
  • Diners, drive-ins, and dives With Guy. whatever. The place is called Squeeze's on the west coast some where in the upper side. Got me jonesin for a burger. Miles out.
    that sounds like it. They throw some ice on the griddle and cover for several seconds.... good burgers.

bruger0819073.jpg
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    He likes to be called Guido and is a PBR man threw and threw.

Mike
  • ChrisCChrisC Posts: 107
    I have one and it is very easy to use - I buy several pounds of mea, press a bunch of burgers, stick them in the freezer with wax paper in between and they are always available.

Highly recommned.

-ChrisC
  • Michael BMichael B Posts: 986
    Are those rolling pin guides under the paper on each side?
    How thick do you roll your burgers?
  • I have one just like it from Cabelas. It works great. Specially when trying to form burgers from ground venison. Makes it easy to form nice round firm uniform burgers of any weight you choose. I like mine at 1/3 lb.
  • I have one just like it from Cabelas. It works great. Specially when trying to form burgers from ground venison. Makes it easy to form nice round firm uniform burgers of any weight you choose. I like mine at 1/3 lb.
  • Michael BMichael B Posts: 986
    So it is a cutting board with raised sides?!
    I don't think I've ever seen one.
  • eatbbqeatbbq Posts: 81
    I used to use one of these when I was in the restaurant business...great portion control, uniform size for cooking times, works great.
  • Hey Tom I think you got more cheese in the pan then on the burgers, but they still look good.

PBM