Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need help posting picture

Grandpas Grub
Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was just going to post some pictures and am wondering if things have changed...

I am using Photobucket and it seems I simply put in the IMG code in the body of the post and the pictures would come up.

I clicked preview and nothing. I then tried both the IMG and HTML and again no picture.

This all worked the other day, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Kent

Comments

• Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Hi Kent,

When I post, I don't use the preview button...it caused me some problems on the old forum, so I never used it on the new forum.

I'll usually just type some stuff and stick the code link somewhere in the text and click the "submit" button. What's really nice about the new forum is that you can go back and edit your post.
  • Grandpas Grub
    hummm, lets see if I have this...

I guess I must have posted the pictures in the olf forum...

OK, when you click code the forum inserts [Code]

Are you:
    . putting the picture link inside the braces or after the braces.
    . using the image (IMG) code or HTML code

Kent
  • Beanie-Bean
    Hmm...

I use two tabs in Firefox or Safari, one with the BGE Forum open, and one with Photobucket open.

1. In Photobucket, click on the IMG code link for the picture you want to post. You should see "Copied" flash on the screen briefly. The image code information is now copied over to your clipboard.
    2. On the BGE Forum in the Message section, paste the code--don't use any of the controls. If you're using Windows, you can paste via Ctrl+V, and Command/Apple+V if you're using a Mac.

It should look something like this where you're trying to post:

text
    text
    text
    IMG code
    text
    text
    text
    IMG code
    text
    etc.

Hope this helps.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Thanks Mike, that is what I thought I did, but as with you, the picture didn't show up in the preview.

Lets see if this works.

stew.jpg

this should be a pot of dutch oven stew.

It again didn't show up in the preview so I am just going to post.
  • Beanie-Bean
    Looks like stew to me! You got it!
  • Grandpas Grub
    Mike,

Thanks for the help. I just didn't commit past the preview when the pict didn't show.

I really appreciate the help.

Kent
  • Beanie-Bean
    You're welcome, Kent. I've learned a lot from the good people on this forum, and I'm just trying to offer some assistance as well.

I'm still trying to figure out what to cook tomorrow...hehe.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Dutch Oven Pot Roast is might tasty - takes about 4 to 6 hours and the meat is so tender it cuts with a spoon.
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Nice looking stew.

Trying my hand at it as well. I didn't think I was doing it right because of the preview thing. Maybe they can fix it in the future.

pizzaonEgg.jpg
  • i never used photo bucket. i have been able to post by opening pic in microsoft picture viewer, resizing then going below to select imagefile to attach >browse> find the pic click open and it has worked well. however it has to be jpeg not bit map, 1024x1280 and 320 kb
    the 600x 800 option in micrrosoft picture viewer works for me . and you can only post the pic once with out renaming it. attached pic shows where all the meat i put on the egg ends up [younger son]
    bill
  • As you've discovered by now, the preview does show colors of text, bolded letters and words and itallics, but it doesn't show a preview of the photos we're trying to post.

Also, the size of the picture you're using in photobucket should be no bigger than 800 x 600 pixels. One that is 1024 pixels wide will work, but not for those who use the classic wide view--it only shows the link to the photo.

You may have used it before, but photobucket also has a picture "editer" (photo sizer) that you can use to re-size your photos, if you need it.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Damn kids... LOL

I used to have arms like that but somehow those bulges went to my waist.

Thanks for your help.
  • Trying to see if I can post a picture.
    If it works you'll see my twice smoke ham.

016.jpg

018.jpg