Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OffTopic - Spring

Options
Gfw
Gfw Posts: 1,598
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Daffodil_03_07_00.jpg
<p />Last week the 1st crocus, this week a daffodil and now they are predeicting snow by Saturday! [p]Boneless pork chops marinating - destined for the BGE at about 6pm. What else is out there?
[ul][li]Spring Flowers[/ul]

Comments

• Cat
    Cat Posts: 556
    Options
    Gordon, you should be teaching a photo composition course. That's absolutely beautiful!

• MAC
    MAC Posts: 442
    Options
    Gfw,
    Can I just live in your yard. I can sneek enough off the grill to survive. I know how good you cook. I won't eat much. YES I WILL! ! ! Great pictures and beond that you must have a geat yard that gives you lots of pleasure.[p]Keep up the GRRRR...ATE work
    MAC

• Gfw
    Options
    Cat, thanks for the kind words, but I keep telling NB that it is really point and shoot. [p]For so many years I took pictures that I never got developed or that I lost interest in before they were developed. The digital camera that I have has been so much fun, and these cameras are so forgiving. [p]Glad you enjoyed. Have a really great evening!

• Gfw
    Options
    MAC, you kind of guessed it - I really like my yard, my plants and my flowers - a pleasure in life is to come home, grab a cold beer and watch the flowers grow. At one time I had 200 varieties (800+ plants) of Hosta in my yard - in addition to all the other perennials and annuals and of course, my goldfish. I have goldfish that are approaching 7 years and about 15 inches in my pond.[p]When Peoria had it’s 1st Opera/Hosta walk (called "Singers in the Garden"), we were one on the gardens on the official tour. From 11:00am to 1:00pm, I had a small piano and 4 Opera singers on my deck - (same space now occupied by the BGE - Cooks great but doesn't sound the same) - about 130 people roaming through the yard - a total of about 750+ tourists for the day. [p]Hang out if you want – there are seldom leftovers, but please drop by if you are ever passing through Peoria.

• DS
    DS Posts: 15
    Options
    Gfw,
    so let's see some more pics.. I'd like to see the pond, I have one in the backyard--kinda small -no fish yet-but I'm thinking about it..

• SpiceCooks
    Options
    Gfw,
    I love the pictures of your flowers almost as much as I do of the food that comes out of your EGG. Great pictures!

• Gfw
    Options
    Pond.jpg
    <p />DS, this was actually taken over 2 years ago - but the fish in the picture are still alive and well. It is a small pond - about 6-7 feet across - while I'm cooking I can look straight down and see the fish - kind of nice. I'll do some pond pics in the next few days at my picture site. If I can answer any questions, please let me know. It is kind of nice to just sit (with a cold beer, do a litte BBQ and) watch the fish.[p]
    [ul][li]Gfw's Picture Site[/ul]
  • djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    Gfw:[p]I have always wanted to put one in at my house. How deep is yours and living in a more northern climate do you leave the fish in over winter? Any special maintenance or protection in the winter?

• Gfw
    Options
    djm5x9, I've received about 3 e-mails in the last 5 minutes asking about the pond - unless others object, I'll put the basics together in an "off topic" post tomorrow evening. [p]If you miss it - or if I forget it - let me know. [p]

• DS
    DS Posts: 15
    Options
    pond07.jpg
    <p />Gfw,
    Nice Picture, here's mine about 7 months ago...

• Gfw
    Options
    DS, nice pond - all you need is a few fish - your pond looks great! To djm5x9 - no need for a post tomorrow - my fish spend all winter in the pond. I have a deicer that I throw in the pond in the winter and the fish thrive - they sleep on the bottom -no food required. [p]My pond is about 36 inches (about our frost line) deep - we have (lots of) raccoons that wander our area - they will stick in their paws, but they won't jump in - they don't really like to get wet - the fish appreciate their kindness.[p]My daughter put the oldest fish (about 2.5 inches in length) in the pond when she was in high school (she now teaches school in Tennessee) - those are the fish that are now about 15/16 inches - last year we gave 2 18 inch Coi to the lady that comes each year to clean it - her pond is about 26 feet in diameter![p]
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Gfw,[p]That is a truly beautiful photo. As always, very nice work and much appreciated. You've left me with a nice image for the evening after driving the NJ Turnpike on the way home from school (don't get me wrong, I love NJ...it's just that the pot-holes of Newark can't compare with the beauty of your flowers).[p]Cornfed
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    DS,and Gfw, I wish you guys would cut that out! I have been pool thinking for years and your getting me in the mood again. Freezing has also been one of my hangups in building one. Maybe this year, along with the camera..whooooo![p]BTW..I enjoyed the flower pic's..and Gfw's especially brought to mind that spring is the season to enjoy and celebrate the renewal of life. [p]Cheers..C~W[p][p]
  • BluesnBBQ
    BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    Options
    Gfw,[p]That flower looks nice, but you haven't told us how to cook it! :)[p]-Steve