Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fun While It Lasted...

Options
Rascal
Rascal Posts: 3,923
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After asking for solutions to problems numerous times (on 3 different forum boards, I'm still basically dead in the water. I can post, but that's about it. I have no idea of what's happened and apparently others are in the same boat (NPI). I have no knowledge of what it takes to run a forum that also includes sophisticated methods of keeping out hackers & undesirables. All I know, is that I've been a part of all this for about 6 months, and for now, the fun is over. The system has been turned upside down and the "how do I fix this" posts are still, by far, in the majority. I've tried patience but each and every day goes by with unanswered questions. I can only imagine what new-comers are thinking! Like: "Do I really want to buy a BGE?" Guess I'll sit on the side lines for now and revert back to more of The Food Channel which has always been a mainstay of my culinary entertainment. I learned so much here and shared what I could in return, but now a dark cloud needs to yield to some sunshine. Later....[p]Rascal

Comments

• BigT
    BigT Posts: 385
    Options
    If you can post, that should be enough for a while...hang in there.
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Try clicking on the crying kid banner in the upper right hand corner and add your name to the list, my issues were resolved fairly quickly after I did. I was thinking like you initially but this thing seems to be clicking right along now. -RP
  • icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Rascal,[p]One thing you have to understand is...[p]That this forum is free!..[p]Oh and you need to know that since they moved over to a different IP...the problems probably have nothing to do with the people running this forum..[p]It can take days for all the DNS servers to replicate. [p]So if you can't handle a little hick up in a free service than maybe you do need to turn the computer off and sit in front of the TV..[p]Of course you could just cook something on your egg and have fun![p]
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    I was having a hard time as well. When I was using AOL to access the forum, I was having the most problems. When I started using Microsoft Interenet Explorer, things started running more smoothly. I even see the thumbs up junk. Now I can get egrets Karma where it properly belongs. :)

Mike
  • icemncmth
    Options
    That is why I use Firefox..solves a bunch of problems..You just have to make sure you tweak it so it will really be fast.
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
  • Gandolf
    Gandolf Posts: 906
    Options
    If you look at this entire page of posts, there are only 3 or 4 legitimate "how do I fix this" posts to WMK. They are BY FAR outnumbered by good ole egging posts. You may be throwing in your towel a little early. I like it here.

Dave
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Rascal,
    I know this has been a bit difficult. It will get fixed, if there is anything I can do to help, shoot me an E. There were several more answers, but they were answered on the other forum, thereby unattainable to you. [p]What are you your problems specifically? WMK has been really busy, and I know that he wants to help. [p]

• icemncmth
    Options
    sure...

get the FasterFox extension..

After you install FasterFox, go into its options and select
    "Turbocharged." But --- you're not through yet. That's really too
    aggressive, and does some things that may actually slow you down.

Next, set it to "Custom," then go through it and try these settings:

Enable enhanced prefetching: YES
    Enable page load timer: OPTIONAL (Does nothing to improve performance,
    but gives you a way to objectively measure the effect of changes you
    make.)

Memory cache capacity: 65536 (the default value)
    Disk cache capacity: 50000 (less than the 76800 default value, which
    is so large that it will actually slow you down if you don't reduce it.)

DNS Cache Expiration: 3600 (the default value)
    DNS Cache Entries: 512 (the default value)

HTTP Connection Preferences:
    Max Connections: 20
    Max Connections Per Server: 24
    Max Persistent Connections Per Server: 3
    Max Persistent Connections Per Proxy: 6

HTTP Pipelining Preferences:
    Enable Pipelining: YES
    Enable Pipelining of First Request: YES
    Enable Proxy Pipelining: YES
    Max Pipelining Requests: 3

Enable FastBack: YES
    Pages in memory: 5

Rendering Preferences:
    Initial Paint Delay: 0
    Submenu Delay: 50

Popup Preferences:
    Disable Popups from Plugins: YES

CAUTION: As with anything else, your mileage may vary. The best approach
    is to try these settings, then experiment, using the Page Load Timer to
    help you evaluate the effects of your changes. These settings happen to
    work best for ME, but that is no guarantee that they will necessarily
    work best for YOU.
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Rascal,

I spent weeks trying to get the password thingee solved and finally we did it! Hank in the buddy it'll work out.
  • Big'un,
    the new forum is accessible to everyone and anyone. even guests can post on the new forum without a login so i'm not sure what the problem is.