Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Question on new forum

Options
BajaTom
BajaTom Posts: 1,269
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
When I try to post on the forum it says I need to put in the supplied security code. I don't see a security code. Please help. I can log in with no problems. Thanks, tom

Comments

• WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    Options
    Bajatom,

So even when you're logged in, you are asked for the "guest password" (i.e. security code)?
  • BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Options
    I'm sorry I figured out that i need to click on use my handle and then put my password in.
  • WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    Options
    Ah, okay.

We'll compile a FAQ out of our experiences during this difficult transition to make it easier in the future to work through kinds of issues.

So, it appears that your weren't logged in, or perhaps had been logged out due to timeout. You should have seen the security graphic though I would think. But since you are a registered member, you don't need to use it (and don't want to because your post would not be "yours" then -- it would appear as a "guest" posting).

Perhaps, in the future, we'll add a "claim post" option for posts that are accidentally "orphaned".
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options
    Bajatom,[p]If you are seeing the message then the security code is int he black box. It is a graphic of letters not in a straight line. Caps are important.[p]Kent