Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I'm back from TEXAS!

Options
mojopin
mojopin Posts: 200
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Jeez, I'm gone for a couple weeks and all he!! breaks lose! LOL.... you guys have been naughty! Took me awhile to catch up, but I'm going to try posting pics today.

I'm not happy about being back in COLD nj, but I had an amazing trip to TX, as I always do. The food was amazing, the weather was a little on the chilly side for texas, they said we brought it with us. I did get to where shorts once! I'm hoping to have some property there in the next year or so. Land prices have skyrocketed and I want to get some before the yuppies take over and it gets worse!

Thanks to Dr. BBQ's Road Trip book, we decided on Blacks BBQ in Lockhart. We tried a little bit of everything. The brisket was awesome, the pork loin was great, but a tad dry for me. The chicken was excellent and the garlic sausage... although a little mealy like Dr. BBQ had said, still had a wonderful flavor.
This isn't a real pretty pic of their bbq, but it was tasty!
blacksbbqsign.gif
blacksbbq1.gif

We also went to TXLC, Texas Land and Cattle. Definately one of my favorite steak places when visiting texas. We had the fried pickles, a first for me! and the Smoked Sirloin which is always amazing!

friedpickes.jpg

smoked-sirlon.jpg

Gotta get back to my own cooking now that I'm back! I definitely want to try the smoked sirloin and the fried pickles. They had a white BBQ sauce that was out of this world, anyone got a recipe for that???

Crossing my fingers and hoping these pictures post!

Want to be back in Texas,

-Jill

Comments

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Your photos are great.... and the sirloin looks delicious..... but how the heck did you post all of those pictures?

john
  • Mike-RR
    Mike-RR Posts: 181
    Options
    http://www.greeneggers.net/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=386854&catid=1

That was my last post with multiple pics. Here are some basic guidelines for how I did it:

1. Pics were resized to 800X600 and uploaded to Photobucket.
    2. The "IMG code" was used inline with the text.

So, your post should look like this:

text
    text
    text
    img code link
    text
    text
    img code link
    text
    text

etc.

Hope this helps!
  • mojopin
    Options
    I used the IMG button up to the right, clicked once and [ img size=150 ] pops up. I used the photobucket IMG tag, but had to take out the initial and end img that photobucket adds to it, then I clicked on the IMG button at the top right again, which has an * next to it to show that you have not completed the image yet. That's all. You can put them anywhere in the text of your message.

I tried to select an image at the bottom also to add another picture but an error came up saying that I can only have alphanumeric mumbo jumbo in my file name. Must of not liked the space in the filename. I'll try that again now though.
    texassunset.jpg
    Hope that helps, and thanks :)

-Jill
  • WooDoggies
    Options
    Okay, it's all starting to soak in...

When you posted, "The "IMG code" was used inline with the text." did you click on the Img box, paste your photo and click on the Img box again? Or did you simply paste the IMG code without clicking the box?

Thank you again for your patience and help!
  • WooDoggies
    Options
    Thanks! I'm slowly assimilating all of this new info!
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    man i like the open 8 days a week :laugh:

here is one of the whits bbq sauce that i tried from the recepie guru richard Fl

This is the one I have used for a few years.
    Sauce, White, Big Bob Gibson
    INGREDIENTS:
    1/2 cup mayonnaise
    1/4 cup vinegar
    1/2 tsp prepared horseradish
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp black pepper
    1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
    1 Tbs sugar
    1/2 tsp lemon juice
    2 Tbs apple cider
    Richard

here is one more

used whole grain mustard and creole seasoning in place of the creaole mustard.
    1 1/2 cup mayonaise
    1/4 cup water
    1/4 white wine vinegar
    1 tblsp ground blk pepper
    1 tblsp Creole Musrtard
    1 tsp salt
    1 tsp sugar
    2 cloves minced garlic
    2 tsp prepared horseradish
    Whisk together until blended store for up to one week.

Jake42

HTH

i used the first one i have not tried the second one

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• mojopin
    Options
    Thanks, I'll have to try them out with my fried pickles!

:woohoo:
  • BENTE
    Options
    i have a friend that makes them at home i have not found them out of this world good but they do fill that hole in my belly as an appetiser. take some pics of what you come up with ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Mike-RR
    Options
    I click the IMG code from Photobucket, which will copy the link to the clipboard, then I paste it in the "Message" section of the post.

I don't attach pictures from the boxes at the bottom.

text
    text
    IMG Code (pasted from Photobucket)
    text
    text
    IMG Code (pasted from Photobucket)
    text
    text...
  • WooDoggies
    Options
    Okay thanks, let's give it a go......

Ribs
    July192005d.jpg

Brisket
    ThePointJuly2007.jpg

Cold Egg
    IceEgg.jpg

Jack
    Jack.jpg

Hummer
    HummerSnow.jpg

Nature Boy Pizza
    NatureBoyPizza.jpg

Hope this works!
  • BENTE
    Options
    i love the hummer pic i have seen it here before but it makes me happy to be living in s.c.

the pizza is a really cool pic also :laugh:

the ribs look a little strange what kind are they :whistle:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Mike-RR
    Options
    Glad you were able to get it working on this side. I'll send you the bill now :P Just kidding

My favorite was the frozen egg pic.
  • WooDoggies
    Options
    It worked. Thank you!

But that flower aint ribs.... here's what was intended.

BabyBacks2.jpg

Ribses.jpg

Oct82007102.jpg
  • Mike-RR
    Options
    That looks like a flower to me...