Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

There\'s a black cloud over the StumpBaby

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Oh man alive...could it get any worse? I've had major back prollems for the last three years..but finally last October I went out of work on short term disability in order to get mine self fixed up right, and not have to drive 3 hours a day and sit for 10 hours at the micputer, which was hurtin me like you read about. I'm into the third week of short term and my bosses boss called me and fired me over the phone. Talk about compassion! This is the same guy what took a whole 2 hours off one afternoon cause his wife had a miscarriage. He's a butternut squash ass if there ever was won. Anyway, so I tried to get long term and was shot down on accounta my back prollem was a pre-existing condition when I joined the company. OK, so I try to collect unemployment from the stae of Mass where I work, but was denieed that on accounta I was out on disability when I was fired and my doctor stated that if I went back to work I should onlee start out part time. Since he wrote that, the state considers me "unemployable" since I can't work full time, so I'm denied unemployment checks. I aint never been out of work since I was 15 years old, and have paid into this system for all these years and they serve me up a big ole chunk of turd cake when I needed some short term help the mose. So, I've been without income since the beginning of October. We amde the best of the holidays with what we had, making shur the little StumpBabies had a good Christmas. I bin lookin reel hard for work since being let go, but the job market sucks pond water out of a frogs ass like you read about, rite now. I've casted many line and caught nuttin, meanwhile....I'm trying to quit the hi lee addictive pain meds I bin on for over a year, sorta to clear mine hed a bit. It hurts like you read about, but at least I'm makin progress there, some pain I think is attached right to the belly button...quittin morphine is one of them trust me.

This morning my youngest StumpBaby mist the bus, so I drove her to skool in mine wifes old toyota. I'll tell you what, its colder than a witches tit out there and the door of the car would not close cause the it was frozen up reel good. I climbed in threw the passenger side and after 20 minutes of warming up my door finally opened. Woohoo..I thought..score won for the little guy! but the door wood not close then. I drove ny daughter to school with won hand on the wheel and won hand holdin the door closed and the otha hand drivin (note to self, teach my wanker to shift the car on cold dayz). Comin outta the skool parkin lot, three cars in fronta me slammed on their brakes, and the car directly in fornt of me did too, so did I, but doesn't my car slam inot the car in fronat me..which I should note some hoe closed the door for me...apparently for good cause when I tride to get out the door just wood not open. Anyhow..seein as how we was only in a parkin lot an onlee goin 5 miles an hour there was no "visible" damage...except..the guy told me he was going to go see his doctor because he felt like his neck snapped back a bit too much. Why do I feel like I'm about to pass a bowlin ball, and not them little wons neetha, the big wons with the three holes in it.

I need a good day, just won, that's all I ask. but I woodnt be at all surprised if my dog-gonned sphincter blew an o-ring early today and I shoot across the livin room leavin a trail of StumpBaby dust cross the wifes fine rug..nope...that wood not surprise me won bit....

StumpBaby

Comments

• 1shot
    1shot Posts: 67
    Dang Stump, I hate to hear all of that. I sure hope that things start to look up for you real quick. You hang in there bud. If there is anything we can do, just let us know!!
  • And to think the biggest problem most of us have is how to make the new forum work. Stump I hope your luck turns around real soon.
  • Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    Great to see you post Stump! Now I know the new forum is going to be OK, with you back.
    Hammer
  • Many thanks to you guys. I sure do hope things turn round soon. They just gotta cuz there aint much room left afore I go outta mine mind, nobody but nobody wants to see that, trust me. I shore do autta git me some writin lessons tho...that thare post..when I red it back..them is some bad englishes i done used up thare..maybe I autta go to won of them univers citys to fix up an make my writin more betta..maybe then I will git me a job offa.

I filed for somethin called arba tray shin to try and get me some of that thare unemploymint monies..cuz the guy what handled mine case..what is named deloris but is a man..had some kinda what my momma called a hare a cross his ass when dealin with me...maybe he's tired of being called miss all the time..an correctin peeple..he muss be dumma than a bag of hammers though..anybody in thare rite mine would no a hare would feel much more betta if'n in was sorta in his ass stead of a cross it..heck, he's lucky he evin hadda a hare...if i had won hare juss won what i was usin to keep mine own ass warm like that, heck i wooda ate it weeks ago...nevah mine ware its bin or nuttin..now bout that arba tray shin..its bin weeks since I filed and i no its bin the holidays an all that..but we is talkin i sent that form back beginnin of no vemba and still i aint herd from them..cept for a letta sayin they got mine form....what a waste of paper...may be I should send them a form tellin them i got the form from them tellin me they got mine form from me..thats my guvmint monies workin for me..keepin the post office busy an what not..meen wile I still dont no when my hearing is to get mine case revude..the state is slower then a land snale with hem roids...go figya..

StumpBaby
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Sorry to hear sbout your problems, Paul. We'll be pulling for you and your luck to turn around. Ron & Pat
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • irishrog
    irishrog Posts: 375
    Stump,
    maybe you should take up script writing for a living. I hear there are plenty of vacant jobs at the moment, and there are plenty of readers here on the forum who will testify to the exceptional QUALITY of you penmanship. LOL
    Sincerely, I hope the new year works out better than the old, and that things take a turn for the better real quickly. Roger
  • Maybe it's time to dig up all mine old posts and put them all inta some kinda book or somethin..last I looked I had over 500 pages wurth of posts..and that wuz somethin like a year ago. Why shouldnt I share all mine fine wisdom with otha folks? Corse the micputer what had them posts died last year two and I didn't neva back the sucker up, oh yea, that's another thing that happened to me recently, my old micputer juss plane shat the bed, as my gramma usedta say.
    StumpBaby
  • irishrog
    irishrog Posts: 375
    stumpbaby,
    I bet there is someone out there in syberspace who has all your words of wisdom??? stored up for posterity. If not, a good search of the archives may prove to be productive. And as for the old micputer, I often wonder were we better off without them, back in the innocent days of our youth, when all we worried about was when we were killing the next pig so we could make fresh sausages again.
  • Stumpbaby...where have you been??? It's littlemama from Synch..remember your old friend. I wouldn't have my egg if it wasn't for you...contact me will you! Has Andre sold his egg...I want it! :-) LOL

I'm cooking a but tonight..as usual I would ask you barbeque...especially in freezing weather, but I don't have your email. Hope your back is better!!!
  • ttt
    ttt Posts: 12
    Doh! Little momma I didn't see this till just now, gawd all mitey girl i done tride to send you an email a while back, but I didn't get no reply, no bounce back email or nuttin...how was your butt...I'm guessin it was real good...like real real good...buttery almose..an shinin like hi fructose corn syrup :)

I'm bettin Andre aint even used his egg yet neetha...the boy done bought it for looks only..I wouldn't be surprized to go to his place one day and see a giant spider plant in the darned thing. I don't know if'n you'll git this but if'n you wanna git in touch juss email me... b o u c h a r d p a u l @ c o m c a s t . n e t, just take the doggonned spaces out an you got it, or give me a ring anytime..six-oh-three-nine-too-fore-for-nine-five-too

It'd be nice to hear from you. Things are looking up for me finally. Not for nuttin but like my momma says, don't it just feel like you just done took a twenty pound turd...

StumpBaby