Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lamb Chops

Options
Michael B
Michael B Posts: 986
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It's y daughter's turn to request a dinner menu and she asked for lamb chops, new potatoes, and green beans. For the chops, I have been wiping them with EVOO, dust with S & P, sear and roast. I'd really like to try something different this time.
Any good suggestions?

Comments

• Mike-RR
    Mike-RR Posts: 181
    Options
    How about a jalapeno jelly glaze on the chops for the last few minutes on the cooker? Or perhaps a mustard-based sauce of sorts?
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Try this one :

Lamb Loin Chops

8 (1-1/2 inch thick) loin Lamb Chops

Marinade:

3 T. fresh squeezed Lemon Juice
    2 T. Honey
    2 T. Red Wine Vinegar
    2 tsp. dried Oregano (crumbled)
    1 tsp. dried Rosemary (crumbled)
    1 tsp. minced Garlic
    1 tsp. coarse Salt
    10 T. Vegetable Oil
    2 T. Olive Oil

Preparation directions:

Mix all marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Trim chops of most of the fat and transfer them to a large ziplock bag. Pour marinade in bag, seal and refrigerate several hours, or overnight.

Cooking instructions:

Remove chops from marinade and pour marinade into a small saucepan. Reduce marinade over medium-high heat until there’s about 1/4-1/2 cup remaining.
    Meanwhile, stabilize egg at 400-450 degrees with a raised grid. Cook chops, turning once or twice until internal temperature is 125 degrees (rare).
    Place chops on a serving tray and pour on reduced marinade.
  • Michael B
    Michael B Posts: 986
    Options
    Wish I had seen this earlier. I printed it off and will give it a try next time we have lamb chops.

What I did was:
    Saute garlic and rosemary in mint jelly.
    Rubbed the loin chops with the jelly mix and let them sit on the counter while I got the Egg set up with a raised grid and stabilized at 450* dome.
    Put my wife's chops on, centered on the lower grid and the rest on the upper grid.
    Cooked to 125* internal (upper chops), turning all chops one time.

Everybody was happy. No leftovers.