Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

dirt

Cad_Trev
Cad_Trev Posts: 26
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
this is preposterous,this whole new server and etc

Comments

• cad_trev,[p]Patience, Laddie![p]This too, shall pass away...[p]~ B[p]
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    cad_trev,
    This is nothing. Get in the real world of information resources upgrades if your not already.[p]Just tonight I talked with a woman on the floor trying to order a test in the hospitals computer system which they upgraded to over a year ago........she couldn't find it.[p]Welcome to every day of my life......that I'm at work......and I'm not even talking down times both the scheduled and opps variety....[p]H

• Michael B
    Michael B Posts: 986
    dhuffjr,[p]And that is a good thing that should be shared???????
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Michael B,
    No but its reality. Computers make our lives so great.....yet they are the biggest pains in our but.[p]I've got coworkers who worked in the lab back in the day when folks came in a 8am to start drawing patients blood and the results didn't get turned out until around 5pm.[p]Manual test tube chemisty and early analyzers the size of a volkwagon bug.[p]Patients used to have paper charts and the lab would hand carry results that were written down on carbon paper.[p]Now everything is electronic.......and we still sometimes hand carry results that we make copies of on copier when the computers are down.[p]Progress is great......its sometimes a headache.[p]The HUC that called me wasn't dumb. Its just a huge new system that they are still getting used to.[p]So a server upgrade with hicups.......from experience I expect hicups.