Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reason behind th new forum

Options
Sun Devil Brett
Sun Devil Brett Posts: 440
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey guys, what's the reason for the new and has it been something that has been in the works for awhile? I know there was a little crazyness last week but I wouldn't think that would have anything to do with it. I don't know , just looking for a little insight. Thanks, Happy New Year Brett

Comments

• Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    Options
    They have been threatening to do this for some time. It'll take awhile to get all this old herd to the other pasture though!!
  • Buster Dog BBQ
    Options
    Sun Devil Brett,[p]The new forum has been there for some time. The pending move to it is due to the need to archive threads for one. I am sure there are other factors like maintenance.
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    Sun Devil Brett,
    The new forum has been in the works for quite a while. There has been a one way portal where messages here went there but not the other way.[p]I'd say the garbage of the last few months does has a bit to do with it.[p]This forum is using very old software. As mentioned before by someone more in the know than I (software idiot) in this forum you can only delete entire threads. You can't prune out the bad branches like you can with newer forum software.[p]I'm a moderator at another site and deleting posts usually is for spammers only, sometimes some edits for language or inappropriate content. There is a warning/infraction system where we can give folks a warning that build to a ban of days/weeks/forever. That keeps the ruffians in line. I don't see evidence of that on the software that is being used as it is a compromise to give us old die hards the closest look to this forum as possible.[p]H[p]

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    Buster Dog BBQ,
    I forgot the archiving threads bit. That is a big one for sure.