Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Perfect night to test my new DigiQ II

Options
Hungry Joe
Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Forecast calls for periods of rain, low around 35. Chance of rain 90%.

I just put 2 Boston butts on with the smoker temp set at 250 degrees. I clipped the probe to the dome thermometer anyone think that will be a problem? This is my second attempt at a low and slow. The first time I didn't sleep well. Tonight I don't think I will have any problem.

More pictures to follow. weather.jpg

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    I usually clip the pit probe to the dome thermo.

You'll be fine.
  • dwtdc
    dwtdc Posts: 35
    Options
    Nice setup. Do you still have to daizy on top along with your vent. Did you make this vent?
  • Hungry Joe
    Options
    Yup. Daisy wheel is under there cracked open just about a 1/8". I picked up the vent at the BORG. I forget what size it is but I measured my cap and bought something slightly bigger.
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Joe, My DigiQ should be in today. Can't wait to use it. I ran conduit for power to my Egg "pad" yesterday. What size Egg do you have and what damper setting do you have your fan on for low and slow? I have a med. Egg and 10cfm (pit viper) ordered.
  • Hungry Joe
    Options
    I have a large so I'm not sure how my setting will apply to a Medium set up. The fan damper was set to about 1/3 open and the daisy wheel was cracked about 1/8". All went pretty well except this morning I noticed the fan was running pretty constant. So I reached through the top grate and knocked the charcoal around with my ash tool. Everything went good after that. I believe there is plenty of charcoal left.

All together the cook went from about 9 pm last night to about 2:30 this afternoon. I pulled them at about 195 degrees.

Wind and rain most of the night and it held right at 250 the entire time. BTW I did a trial run yesterday with some left over charcoal in the egg just to formularize myself with how everything works.