Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Any suggestions for fail proof beef tenderloin?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I will be preparing 2 10-12 beef tenderloins tomorrow night. I was planning on doing the drunk and dirty method but a quick review of the forum (problems with too salty, etc.) has me thinking another more basic method may be better. This will be my first effort at cooking a tenderloin on the egg. Since I only have one V rack, I am planning on direct method. Any advice on the best method for seasoning and cooking. I need as close to a fail proof method as possible.

Comments

• metteregger, the biggest mistake you can make is to overcook that expensive cut of meat. If you like it medium rare, take it off when the internal meat temp at the thickest place reaches 115 deg. It needs to rest ten minutes, during which time the temp will increase perhaps 10 deg. It'll be just right at the thick end and a little more done at the thinner end (for those who prefer more done).
    There's a thread lower down that addresses beef tenderloin cooking methods.

• Hooter
    Hooter Posts: 134
    Options
    metteregger,
    I have done the drunk and dirty tenderloins a couple of times and they turned out great. I did not find them too salty at all. I think it's just a matter of personal taste. I say "go for it"!

• Trout Bum
    Options
    metteregger,
    I would cook them indirect. Just put right on the grill with plate sitter inverted or fire bricks below and the grill at about it's normal heightsee the link below for a great recipe.
    B D

[ul][li]Beef Tenderlion[/ul]