Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Forum Profile oddity?

Options
The Naked Whiz
The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
If I click on the green "Profile" button on the left side of the screen, I get a long profile form that has all sorts of fields to enter, sort of like the information our profiles had on the old forum.

If I click on the "My Profile" link that is at the top of the screen when I view a post, I get a much shorter form that has the ability to upload an avatar. (The longer profile form doesn't seem to have avatars in it.)

So, that's one thing. The other thing was I uploaded my avatar and got a screen that said "Avatar Uploaded" or something like that. There was a link in the middle of the page called "Submit". I clicked on this, thinking that I had to submit the change once the avatar was uploaded and I got a relatively sparse screen that said I wasn't authorized to view this form, or something like that. It was a dead end screen, I think with no links to get back to anywhere on the forum. I ended up hitting the back button until I was somewhere I recognized.
The Naked Whiz

Comments

• mb168
    mb168 Posts: 265
    Options
    Thats what happened when I tried ot do the sig the first time, that shorter profile screen says html is disabled but I tried it anyway and it sent me to that near blank page you mentioned. Just a little getting used to.
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    i think your first hit was to the public view of your profile and the second hit automatically took you to the edit your profile section. i got the blank screen the first time i was nutzing around but i works smoothly now. and as a random comment , i registered this morning, it took all of 4 minutes and worked seemlessly. i even uploaded a pic of my wheezened up self but it has not been approved yet. i suspect wmk has better things to do right now. or the pic was too scary
    bill
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    No, these were both places you could edit your profile. Two very different places, though.
    The Naked Whiz
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    do you want some Mali lump to test?