Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Roast Comments Solicted

Kelly Keefe
Kelly Keefe Posts: 471
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Have to admit that, so far, this has been a Non-Egg weekend. However, in the spirit of things, we did have a wonderful peach cobbler for tonights desert compliments of Weaver's Market. Hot, bubbly and with home made ice cream on top. Wonderful![p]Now, tommorrow, I intend to cook an old fashion plain jane Pork loin roast. Anyone see anything wrong with this plan: Cook indirect with the plate setter legs down, plate up then grill. On the grill a roasting pan (not big enough for a V-rack) with the roast in at about 350* for a couple of hours. Potatoes, carrots, onions, ect. after about the first hour. Some type of liquid in the roasting pan. What am I missing??[p]Kelly Keefe
Jefferson City, MO

Comments

• Marv
    Marv Posts: 177
    Kelly Keefe,
    Sounds pretty awseome for dinner. I am in Ore, for the week and plan on cooking on my new castiron Ultimate Dutch Oven a couple of chickens. Will inject tonight and cook tommorow PM.
    Hope all is well with everyone while I am away.[p]Marv

• Kelly Keefe,
    I did one a couple days ago. Coved it with lemon pepper and cooked it indirect at 325-350 degrees. Used the plate sitter with the legs up, drip pan with water in center of sitter, grill on top of legs and roast on the grill. Added additional water about 2 times, had great gravy. Cooked till 160-165 internal with a Polder, about 15 mins./lb.
    Absolutely delicious!
    B D