Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Simple Yet Classic Fare

Options
ravnhaus
ravnhaus Posts: 311
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
2.7.02plate6.JPG
<p />It was just another night when a quick meal was called for and another chance to try out the Nu Temp probe. A lapse in timing led to an overdone main course but it all looked good through the camera lens.
The experience left me wondering about the difference in temperatures between the Nu Temp and the stem probe and reinforced the fact that it doesn't take long to cook pork tenderloin.
If you wish to view the results check out the link provided.

[ul][li]A Simple Meal[/ul]

Comments

• Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    Options
    ravnhaus,[p]Checked out your pictures and essay. Very good job. [p]I am curious why such a big difference between the 2 thermometers. It appears the Nu Temp may have been closer to being accurate but I cannot tell from the pictures alone. What is your opinion?

• Mop
    Mop Posts: 496
    Options
    ravnhaus, Exellent photo layout and description, thanks for posting that.[p]Mop

• ravnhaus
    ravnhaus Posts: 311
    Options
    Bob,
    I calibrated the stem in boiling water and it is correct. I have not yet done the same for the NU Temp. Will do so today but if it is off I guess you cannot adjust to proper temp?
    Thanks for the compliment as I do have fun playing with the digital camera.
    John