Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket transfer question

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We put 5 pound brisket on before bed last night. We leave at 2 for the inlaws, 90 minute drive..to church and then to their house. Did I read about someone that wrapped the brisket in a towel and put it in cooler to keep warm? any suggestions would be so apppreciated.

Comments

• Kathy-jo Peterson, Wrap the brisket in foil and a towel or two, then place in a cooler. It should stay warm for several hours, so 90 minutes is no problem.
    Mike[p]

• mb168
    mb168 Posts: 265
    EagerEgger,[p]I usually preheat the cooler too. I have an electric kettle and not long before my briskets or butts are done I'll click it on and heat up a pitcher of water and dump in to warm it up. Then dump the water out and quick wipe the water out before you through the towels and meat in.
  • hey ya two? Has anyone told you lately that you rock?? Well ya do. Thank you.
  • the brisket is hanging at 149 so we raised the dome up. What is the perfect temp to pull it off?

• me again! temp question, I would pull it at 190 to 195. It is going to go up a few degrees in the cooler. Don't be afraid to let it rest in the cooler for a couple of hours. When to pull it is a matter of taste. I pulled one at 205 and had it in a cooler, it was mushy when I tried to cut it.[p]Mike[p]
  • KJ: Something strikes me as odd here. A 5# brisket put on last night should have been done by now (almost 3PM CST). Your temp is relatively low. What is your current dome temp and how long has the brisket been on? Seems like the Dome temp was low or the Meat Temp Probe is off.
    Mike