Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Your favorite Turkey cook !!!!

WessB
WessB Posts: 6,937
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I read thru the archives and saw several ideas for turkey, I am going to do a 14# frozen turkey on Tues. for some compamy...and since thanksgiving has come and gone I figured there would be plenty of suggestions to consider....so what was your favorite recipe???..types of brine,how long,what temps,what wood..you get the picture....
Thanks..[p]Wess

Comments

• Marvin
    Marvin Posts: 515
    WessB,
    Brine for 24 hours at 40 degress in a solution of 1 cup salt, 1 cup sugar per gallon, several allspice seeds, several cloves, cut up onion, several half cloves of garlic. Rinse well, pat dry, rub with olive oil-based paste containing sweet and hot paprika, pepper, apple juice. Place a few cut up apples and onions in cavity. Cook indirect over some apple wood at 325 until breast temp is 165. Let sit 20 minutes and carve.
    Enjoy,
    Marvin