Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Chiristmas Cooking

Options
Ron_L
Ron_L Posts: 163
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I started cooking earlier in the weekend I did two pork butts in the Egg on Saturday. They were about 7 lbs each and I injected them with apple cider and then rubbed them with Hen and Hog dust.[p]IMG_4460.jpg[p]They cooked at a dome temp of 275 - 300 for about 9 hours. The bone pulled cleanly on both. I pulled them and bagged the pulled pork to take to my sister's place tomorrow.[p]IMG_4461.jpg[p]I took yesterday off due to the weather. It was 15 degrees with sustained winds at 35 - 40 mph and gusts to 70 mph! At least we didn't have much snow like the guys in Wisconsin and Michigan did.[p]Today I am going to smoke some cheese. I bought bricks of mild and sharp cheddar, colby, co-jack and swiss. After that I am going to smoke some pastrami. I have three corned rounds that I have soaked in fresh water for 48 hours and then rubbed them with a mixture of black pepper, coriander seeds, thyme, paprika and garlic powder. I put the rub on last night and then wrapped them in plastic wrap and they sat in the fridge overnight.[p]IMG_4462.jpg[p]Happy Holidays everyone! Thanks for sharing your Egg knowledge. You've helped me get of to a great start with my Egg.[p]...ron (Eggin' In The Suburbs!)[p]

Comments

• Eager Egger
    Options
    Ron_L, What really great looking food and I am sure everyone is going to like the pulled pork. Your weather sounds like it could be improved for Xmas Day with just a sprinkling of snow, but I don't wish you the large amounts many have seen this winter already. It was in the low 30's this morning when I lit the BGE for a brisket cook. Cold for us here in Texas, but going up to the mid 60's today and tomorrow. Enjoy the Holidays.[p]
  • Ron_L
    Ron_L Posts: 163
    Options
    EagerEgger,
    It was 48 here on Saturday before the bottom fell out and I was out there in my t-shirt. 60's would feel great! :)[p]Oops! I almost forgot. I'm also making a pot of Keri C's Hog Apple Beans (from the Virtual Weber Bullet Forum)