Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cuts of Meat

Options
Eternal Student
Eternal Student Posts: 36
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi Everyone.[p]I have a piece of 4 lb meat labeled "boneless ribeye" and another the same size labeled "Sirloin Tip Roast". Would I use either of these cuts for a boneless Prime Rib? Can you share some recipe ideas for these pieces?[p]Thank you and Merry Christmas!

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Eternal Student,
    Ribeye, Max has a good one on TNW's site.[p]Mike

• Eternal Student
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,[p]Thanks. That was my hunch. I've done Max's recipe before and I'll be excited to do it again. Any ideas what I would use the other roast for?

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Eternal Student,
    I'm not much of a roast lover. It should be very lean. I would think a nice pit beef.[p]Mike

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Eternal Student,
    I like your handle. Aren't we all students afterall eh? The ribeye is what you want. The Sirloin Tip roast is a nice chunk of meat, but is leaner and tougher that what most know as "prime rib" or "rib roast"...and what the ribeye is cut from.[p]Save the sirloin tip for thin sliced "pit beef", roast beef, or it makes nice jerky. Just a couple idears from one person anyways! Have fun.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Eternal Student
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Maybe if I ever feel like I can answer a question, I'll add ...and occasional teacher to my handle! So far, I've only been on the asking side.[p]Thanks for your reply!
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Eternal Student,
    Oh you will be able to answer those questions soon! That's what makes the forum go 'round. When I started reading the forum, then posting, I was amazed that so many knowledgeable folks would take their time to share what they were doing. Then I felt like I needed to do the same thing to give back....of course putting my foot in my mouth trying to help before I was really ready to help ;-) Anyways, that cycle is what makes this forum so valuable....learn 'til you feel guilty about not being able to give back, then share all you learned in the process plus your individual knowledge as well. Pretty cool.[p]Cheers. Gotta go check on some babaybacks I got goin for the big skins game tonight!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ