Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I brought home a new baby today

Fidel
Fidel Posts: 10,172
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
MsMinnie.jpg
<p />Doesn't she look all pretty?[p]I love how she immediately took to her sisters. They are already the best of friends.[p]ThreeAmigos.jpg[p]Yes, i have a sickness.

Comments

• mb168
    mb168 Posts: 265
    Fidel,[p]Ha ha, I knew it. Is it a new one or the used one that guy had on here the other night.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Fidel,
    well i would say if your sick i am also but i only have 2 so my sickness is not as bad as yours!!LOL[p]but if this is sick i don't want to feel better!!11[p][p]happy tri-eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Fidel
    mb168,[p]Both. It was used one time. It is still stark white inside.[p]The guy bought it at Eggtoberfest 06, used it once, and hit condo association in association with the county told him "no mas". His kids didn't want it so he finally decided to sell it. It is in perfect shape.[p]SO...first cook? Dunno yet, but tomorrow we will see. I am going to cut a cast iron grid for it since I bought it to be the searing machine.
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Fidel,
    She so precious!!LOL. The temp gauge does look like a pacifier.Haha. I hope this purchase doesn't mean you are scaling back on your cooking, I really do enjoy the photos of all your cooks!

• Fidel
    Big'un,[p]The cooks will be the same - the steaks will just look a LOT bigger on the tiny little grid.[p]I need to find out who makes the platesetters for the mini so I can get my hands on one. They are the perfect fattie machine too.
  • mb168
    mb168 Posts: 265
    Fidel,[p]Congrats, that was a good deal. If I were closer I'd have jumped on it too.
  • Fidel,
    that ain't right,
    one more and you're a rancher.

• Fidel,
    Could you back your camera up a few feet and take a picture of your egg table set up?

• Fidel
    Table2Small.jpg
    <p />Papa Doug,[p]This is the best I can do on short notice. If you have any questions hit me offline, I'll be happy to discuss.

• Fidel,[p]Great looking set up. Your "new Baby" will fit right in. Thanks for the follow up.
  • Fidel,[p]Looks like your mini is inflicted with the same problem as mine. The ribs inside the DFMT keep it from sitting flat on the dome. I think this is by design because the screw holding the rotating part to the top protrudes below the cap. I ground the ribs down and cut the screw with a dremel, and now it sits flat.[p]Or you can leave it just the way it is. I use mine for low and slows so I wanted a tight fit. For anything else I don't even use it.[p]Ottawa_egger
  • billt
    billt Posts: 225
    Fidel,
    looks like her dad! :<}
    cannot belive no one said that already.
    have fun, i love mine.
    i did 2.5 lbs of beef ribs on mine [greasy mess] but good and it held temp for 5 hours.
    bill [born on the first of the month]

• Fidel,
    Nice. Make sure you talk to eggfoot about a platesetter. Mini's never cooked any better.[p]Mike

• billt
    billt Posts: 225
    Ottawa_egger,
    i had the same problem as you describe. i dremeled [that is a verb] the inside ribs of the top, bought a new screw [that is a noun] for the daisy wheel and finally [after a year] ordered a new hinge ring, as mine was offset and the top would not seat evenly . for the first year i could not control the temp or even close it down enough that the lump would go out. now i do what ever i do on the large on the mini if i am cooking for one. bge ignored my e-mail but after hanging around the forum i e-mailed bobby q he was a big help and all is good now

• IMG_0306.jpg
    <p />bill,[p]You are not the only one who has done beef ribs on the mini!!! I also did a rack of ribs rolled up in mine, and entered my two girls (7 & 9) in an amateur rib cook-off doing the same (they finished 6th out of 7, but got the highest score out of any of the judges!!!)[p]Ottawa_egger