Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Full Tenderloin AWESOME!

Options
GWW
GWW Posts: 43
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just wanted to share a great piece of meat! Started with a whole 6lb black angus tenderloin, trimmed and tied. Sauteed onions and garlic in olive oil for a few minutes added a dash of worschesireere sauce and 3/4 cup of vermouth. (how's my spelling!?) remove from heat and let it cool, pour overtop of meat and marinade for about an hour, flip it over for another hour. Crank up the egg to searing temp. 650-700*, sear each side about 2 minutes and remove from egg. Close down all the vents to bring the temp down to 350* this may take a little time! Throw the plate setter on for indirect cook, I placed one polder in the thick end and one near the other and cooked it until the thickest part read 125* and the other around 135* removed from the egg let it rest for about 15 min. and sliced. Man o Man it was good. served with a horseradish blue cheese sauce on the side. Just wanted to share!
Greg

Comments

• Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    Options
    GWW,[p]Now that sounds like something I could dig into about now. Good job!

• Kelly Keefe
    Options
    GWW,[p]The sauce you mention in your post was originally known as "Black Sauce" due to it's color. The name stuck until one day a stranger arrived and asked: "What's dis here sauce?" (Rim shot)[p]Kelly Keefe
    Jefferson City, MO
    (Who can't spell it right either...)

• MAC
    MAC Posts: 442
    Options
    GWW,
    I did one Saturday. Marinated in garlic & olive oil for a couple of days. Put it on at 700° for about 4 min per side. Shut it down to 400 direct till 150° which was too dune for me but the guests liked it. No smoke or extras and it was GRRR...ATE! ! !