Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Is it Spring in the Miswest?

Gfw
Gfw Posts: 1,598
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
02_28_0017_39_02.jpg
<p />I put my Mexican Meatloaf on the BGE at 4:30 and took a quick trip around the yard. The first flower of the spring is blooming, a Crocus pushing through the remnants of the winter. In the Midwest, this is the time that most of us wait for – we may still get some more snow and ice, but the warm spring sun isn’t far away. [p]Life is GOOD!

Comments

• Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    Gfw,[p]You are a Master with that camera![p]
  • Gfw,
    Wow! What a photograph! That is great. Be sure to let us know how Mexican meatloaf turns out.

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    WallyWood.jpg
    <p />SpiceCooks, there are a few things in life that are almost guaranteed - spring will eventually replace winter and the Mexican Meatloaf will be PERFECT - followed your excellent directions - 1.5 hours at 350 degrees to an internal temp of 160 degrees - the result was PERFECT. Topped the servings with a little of Gfw's BBQ Sauce - GREAT! [p]And to think, I used to hate meatloaf. This was our 3rd experience - last time we made 2 loaves and froze the 2nd – this one sat in the freezer since 02/03 – thawed it last night – makes for a quick and fast dinner. Ranger 1 and his family had the same great (his picture) experience.[p]Thanks for sharing![p]
    [ul][li]Mexican Meatloaf[/ul]
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Bob,
    Yeah, like he says. "just point and shoot".
    Yeah right. Gordon is a natural. And a modest one.

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Gfw,[p]I didn't bring enough summer clothes with me, dang I wasn't expecting this kind of weather......I got my Mojo working baby yeah! [p]I picked up my mini today and did a couple of Amana Fillets from the good ole' Hy-Vee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![p]I had to laugh the first time I saw the little guy, and my 4 year old daughter has named it her "little green egg"[p]now I'm debating if I should take it apart and mail it back to England in peices or try and carry it on the plane.[p]One thing that really shocked me was the increase in prices,
    holy-cow when is BGE going public?[p]
    Cheers,[p]TT

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Tanker Tim, Hya Tanker,,hey, where are ya. Still in Big D or elswhere? If in Big D, lets see if I can round ya up a measurable amount of charcoal to haul back.
    Let me know..I can get a bunch here by friday at True Value.
    Char-Woody[p]

• Char-Woody,[p]Thanks for the offer, but I've scouted out a few prospects here in town, one being a True Value.[p]It's going to be hard to adjust to the weather in England when we go back.[p]
    Cheers,[p]TT[p]

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Tanker Tim, OK my friend, you have a great vacation while here..If you need a Egg Meal give me a call!...
    C~W[p]