Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

wonderful trout dinner

Randman
Randman Posts: 31
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks for the trout cooking advice. Other than butchering one of the fish prior to cooking ( bone removal- left the bones in on the 2nd fish ) they came out flaky and moist and very tasty. Green beans and fresh fruit on the side. These are then first fish I have done on the egg. Doc wants me to reduce red meat intake, so I will be trying more in the near future. Any suggestions other than salmon?

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    randman, there are lots of very good fish recipes listed. The Jerked Grouper with Papaya Jam is a s good as they get. Basically, any fish that you can do in the oven you can do on the BGE except it's better on the BGE. Check out the submitted recipes under 'Seafood' - you'll enjoy them. And when you try something new that you like, let us know how you did it.

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    randman,
    It's hard to beat catfish filets with garlic butter.

• Marv
    Marv Posts: 177
    randman,[p]My wife and I love Halibut cooked on the grill. Cook at 500 for 10 min on each side for about an inch thick Halibut steak. We season it with garlic powder, salt & pepper (or lemon peper). Over done will be rubbery and under cooked will still look clear.[p]Marv

• Cajun
    Cajun Posts: 147
    BlueSmoke,[p]Boy you hit it dead on. I usually prep the fish with a little lemon
    juice on one side and lime juice on the other, then seasoning and
    olive oil.[p]Da butter for me at the finish[p]Cajun

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Cajun,
    Or, butter during the cook, lemon or lime at the table! Either way's great! (The only other thing you need is teeth - no, I take that back: fish on the Egg is so moist and tender you could gum it.)