Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Toad's Pork Loin Results

Options
Wardster
Wardster Posts: 1,006
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Guests just left, full and floored!!!
What a dish. I was going to brine in some wine, but drank it all last night! Simple brine; molasses, brown sugar, koser salt and garlic. Fig preserves, fresh apple, dried dates, dried cranberries and cashews, covered in bacon. half a handfull of apple smoking pellets. Oh Boy!!!
I put the meat on late, due to me drinking the main brine ingredient the night before. I removed from indirect to direct at about an internal of 80*. Removed when center cut of meat reached 140*.
I was impressed with the apparent smoke ring in the meat. I kind of thought the bacon would absord the brunt of it. (it was the best bacon I've ever had BTW).
Guests were besides themselves. A must do!! Much easier than I thought. Thanks to Mr. Toad!!!!!

Apollo Beach, FL

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Wardster,
    Congratulations, glad to hear the cook went well, next time will be much easier. Think what it might have tasted like if you had not enjoyed the main brine ingredient. Ü
    Happy Egg-n,
    New Bob