Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs on BGE

Options
gary
gary Posts: 28
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am a newbie. Bought a BGE about a month ago. I have cooked chicken, pork chops, and a turkey all with fantastic results!
Tonight I want to cook some baby back ribs. Any tips on temp, and time? I have learned much from this forum. Thanks to all.

Comments

• DynaGreaseball
    Options
    Gary,
    Have you already removed the membrane and rubbed them? Usually I do this the day before, and I let the rack rest in the fridge over night. (not totally necessary, but recommended by some). [p]prepare your egg for about a 4 or 5 hour slow cook at an indirect temp of 240°.[p]Car Wash Mike is responsible for one of the most popular methods for bbribs. I'm sure he or someone in here will direct you to his detailed recipe which is found on several popular sites, like the naked wiz's site. [p]Good luck with your ribs.

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    Gary,
    First thing is to remove the membrane from the back. I don't use mustard but I give the backside a light rub coating and the top a heavy coating. I cook at 225-250. I have cooked them anywhere from 3-5 hours depending on how much time I have. What I prefer to do is go 3 hours then foil them for 30-45 minutes. After that take them out of the foil and let the dog at the juices left in the foil and shred the foil all over the back yard. I like them to cook another 30 minutes or so and then hit with your sauce of choice and let the sauce "cook on" for around 10-15 minutes.[p]tjv has a great photo for how to tell when your ribs are done.

• DynaGreaseball
    Options
    dhuffjr,[p]Here's what will happen when they're ready to pull.[p]DSCN2980.jpg[p]
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    dhuffjr,
    Do you know where that pic is?

• Mike in Abita
    Options
    Gary,[p]Did you say Ribs?[p]DSC_0011.jpg[p]Below you'll find a link to the Car Wash Mike method.These were made that way picture was right before saucing.[p]HTH Mike
    [ul][li]Babyback Rib Class[/ul]
  • dhuffjr
    Options
    egret,
    I'm sure it is archived here in some thread or other.....and in his photobucket account :>)[p]He's got a slab of ribs with a set of tongs and they are drooped over .

• DonDon
    DonDon Posts: 89
    Options
    ribs2.jpg
    <p />Making me hungry already LOL Wifey doesn't like Ribs as much as I di so I can;t cook them but maybe once a month dadgummit
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    dhuffjr,
    Thanks a bunch!

• dhuffjr
    Options
    egret,
    Trying to be helpful LOL[p]H