Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

14.5 # Bird ~ 2-1/2 Hours

Options
thirdeye
thirdeye Posts: 7,428
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
DSC04207a1.jpg
<p />I'm doing the Julia Child shortcut turkey this year. A few short cuts and I'll cut the cook time in half. The leg/de-boned thigh will start about 20 minutes before the breast and wings so everything will be ready at the same time.[p]Happy Thanksgiving Everyone
~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery

Comments

• thirdeye,
    dr. turkenstein! [p]you will sew that all back into a turkey for the table presentation, right? j/k[p]great work, mon

• thirdeye
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]Super glue[p]~t~
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    thirdeye,
    There is something frankensteinesque about your bird. -RP

• The Virginian
    Options
    thirdeye,
    I use the same method, and in my experience the dark meat finishes first by a good half hour. Also, I added a twist this year, which is to use a little crimped aluminum foil boat under the breast to hold all the stuffing. It keeps the stuffing from absorbing all the fat from the bird, which can be overwhelmingly rich. How did yours turn out?[p]Brett

• thirdeye
    Options
    DSC04216a.jpg
    <p />The Virginian,[p]It was really good. You know, I never took a finish temp on the dark meat .... just monitored the breast and removed everything when it hit 155°. I can say that the boned-thigh quarters are a faster cook than the dark halves (still joined at the hip) I usually cook. [p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~