Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

sea bass success

Options
mollyshark
mollyshark Posts: 1,519
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I did the sea bass on the mini. You know, that mini is PERFECT for fish. Did 1-1/2 pounds in a little aluminum pan with some sundried tomatoes on top. Comes out unbelievably juicy. Not a dry spot in the fish. I could have probably cooked it for hours without getting dry. Needed a little bit of spice, but couldn't quite place which one. Man I love that little guy.

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    MollyShark, I can see I have lost another used one. :-(
    Congrats on the adoption of the Mini and its roaring success. I gotta get one.. Does anyone out there have one for sale? I have walleye season starting soon.
    :*)[p]C~W[p]

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    MollyShark,[p]Sea bass is also great off the Egg cooked at high temps like a steak. We did some this weekend and found a simple recipe for a rub consisting of toasted, ground cummin seeds, salt and fresh ground pepper. Although the piece was 1.5 inches thick, just 3 minutes per side at 700*+ was all it took.[p]K~G[p]

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    KennyG,
    Sure is something about the egg to allow you to cook at low or high temps, and anywhere in between, with good, unique results![p]The rub sounds good. Try adding crushed corriander seeds next time. Lemony, and good on fish.[p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ