Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

lodge cookware

Bordello
Bordello Posts: 5,926
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi,
Has anyone used the lodge fajita set (pan w/board)? If so, did you use it in the egg?? Would also like any info. on using the 5 qt. dutch oven in the egg.
Thanks,
New Bob

Comments

• Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    New Bob,[p]Have the fajita pans and a dutch oven, plus more. Did a potato casserole dish in the large the other day. The Egg and cast iron is a happy marriage.[p]Puj[p]
  • Jim R.
    Jim R. Posts: 103
    Puj,
    Whats your favorite dutch oven recipe?

• Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    New Bob,[p]I use my 5 QT to make brunswick stew which accompanies my pulled pork on many occasions. It works very well in my large BGE.[p]Bob

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Bob:[p]Hey! Don't forget the chili! Lid off, picks up a little smoke if you add some wood!

• Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    djm5x9,
    hmmmmmmmmmmm...that reminds me! It's about time to make a batch of that. Sure has gotten cold lately...maybe we need to move further south or sump'n :~)[p]How ya been?[p]

• Bordello
    djm5x9,
    Thanks, do you just put the dutch oven on the grill and cook with the dome up????
    I have a swap meet/flea market just up the road and noticed they have a lot of the lodge cookware there.
    Happy Egg-n
    New Bob

• AZGator
    AZGator Posts: 24
    New Bob,[p]I think from a earlier post that you're in AZ (I'm in Phoenix/Chandler). Can you let me know what swap meet you see the Lodge cast iron? I'm interested in picking some up. Also, what are the prices for Dutch Ovens?[p]Thanks,[p]Paul
  • Bordello
    AZGator,
    The swap meet in Mesa, U.S. 60 East to Signal Butte Road turn off, go south to Baseline,right just a short distance, turn right into the parking lot. The vendor is at the far side (towards chandler) and close to the entrance end of the lot. I believe the dutch ovens were around $27 and up. Please don't hold me to it as I looked at so much stuff it's hard to remember. You might try looking here to see the retail prices before you go.
    http://www.lodgemfg.com/cookware.htm
    Hope that helps,
    New Bob

• djm5x9
    New Bob:[p]Dome down, Dutch oven lid open, add water or more tomatoes to thin if it gets too thick. On a hot fire add your favorite chips and damper down as if you were doing a low and slow cook for about thirty minutes. This allows the chili to pick up smoke. Longer smoke gives more smoky flavor so proceed with taste bud caution.

• djm5x9
    Bob:[p]Well, I trust the same for you? Nice "real" snow we had last week, beats the heck out of frozen rain. First in several decades!
  • Bordello
    djm5x9,
    Thanks,
    I was not sure how one would use it. Have not got it yet as I wanted the information first. Have to wait for the weekend as that is when the swap meet is open.
    Happy Egg-n,
    New Bob

• Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    Jim R,[p]In the dutch oven, I'd have to say spaghetti sauce to date. Just something about the "twang" in the sauce that gives it that little extra. Low and slow bbq sauce is pretty good and potato casserole comes out yummy. Still searching for the ultimate chili recipe. [p]Puj